Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Dee Mandrekar
Votes |
RE Attorney in TX

Dee Mandrekar
Posted

I am seeing lot of people recommending attorney David Willis from Houston. Has anyone used his Lease document? He is charging $175 for Word document he has and I want to make sure that it will be useful for me to use on my SFR rental before I purchase it.

Pls let me know what are your thoughts on it.

User Stats

Votes
Shivani Kumar
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW
Replied
Quote from @Dee Mandrekar:

I am seeing lot of people recommending attorney David Willis from Houston. Has anyone used his Lease document? He is charging $175 for Word document he has and I want to make sure that it will be useful for me to use on my SFR rental before I purchase it.

Pls let me know what are your thoughts on it.

Anna Lee is from Dallas. She was recommended by other investors for strong leases. ALA Law, PLLC is the company. Hope that helps !

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied

Plenty of attorneys in DFW area.

You can also use a realtor to lease your property and they can use the TAR lease which is an excellent leases that most attorney's realtors and judges will recognize.   The problem with one off leases is that if there is a problem you will end up having to pay an attorney to learn that lease.

If you want to go at it alone you might also consult with the attorneys at the title company that close your deal.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.