Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sunny Rajvansh
  • woodbridge, CT
Votes |
Cleaning the property between tenants

Sunny Rajvansh
  • woodbridge, CT
Posted Jan 12 2024, 20:05

Hello,

I have been thinking about this a lot. When a tenant moves out, they usually clean as per what they think is clean. There is always some things left behind. things like inside stove, refrigerator, inside the Owen, corners, some cabinet shelves, window frames some residue on the walls etc. I always find lot of things that could be cleaned better. And I always end up calling professional cleaning service to get a deep cleaning to ensure the tenant moving in does not complain about the property being not clean.

I am wondering is it really landlord who need to bare the cleaning expenses between the tenants? I have tried to deduct some amount from deposit to cover the cleaning fees, but some tenants were bitter about that. They say, they already spend so much time cleaning the place and now they don’t want to lose the cleaning fees from deposit. But again, its never in a condition that a moving in tenant would be ok. How do you tackle this situation? I am now thinking to include in my lease that the property has been professionally cleaning before the lease, so I recommend to have a professional clean the property before moving out. I am not enforcing to get professionally cleaned but I am only recommending. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...