Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Frank Naujokas
Votes |
2023 Chicago Residential Lease

Frank Naujokas
Posted Jan 31 2023, 07:50

Would someone be willing to send me an editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement? I am trying to update lease agreements but cannot locate this pdf. I would greatly appreciate. 

User Stats

Votes
Sanat Bhandari
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 31 2023, 07:52

@Frank Naujokas You could find one online from a service like rocket legal (or have chatGPT create one lol) 

In all seriousness, pay an attorney to draft up a lease for you or pay a property management company to make sure you're compliant regarding leases. It's cheap insurance to protect yourself in case anything goes wrong

User Stats

Votes
Frank Naujokas
Votes |
Replied Jan 31 2023, 07:56

Thank you for your time Sanat. Still interested in the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement for anyone out there. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Shallcross
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago
Replied Jan 31 2023, 14:24

@Frank Naujokas - I'll DM to you. 

@Sanat Bhandari - Chicago is a little bit of its own beast due to the complexity of our RLTO Ordinance. Therefore, every year attorneys and members of the Chicago Association of Realtors post an updated lease for housing providers to ensure compliance with RLTO and help set housing providers up for success. This lease is typically the standard baseline and then additional covenants can be added. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Feb 1 2023, 08:47

Hey @Frank Naujokas - I just got your email and responded with the Chicago residential lease.  Let me know if there is anything else that pops up that I can help with.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 6 2023, 13:04

Hey Jonathan,

Would you mind sending me the CAR lease as well?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 12 2023, 10:09

Hi, 

Would you please send me the pdf as well? 

Thanks, 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 12 2023, 10:38

Hi Everyone,

New landlord here...

I too would appreciate it if someone could send me an editable pdf of the 2023 Chicago residential lease agreement.

Sincerely

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 20 2023, 19:35

Hi All, 

Could someone please send me the 2023 lease?

thanks,

Danielle 

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 21 2023, 03:53

@Danielle DelValle I will DM you. 

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2023, 17:53
Quote from @Tom Shallcross:

@Sanat Bhandari - Chicago is a little bit of its own beast due to the complexity of our RLTO Ordinance. Therefore, every year attorneys and members of the Chicago Association of Realtors post an updated lease for housing providers to ensure compliance with RLTO and help set housing providers up for success. This lease is typically the standard baseline and then additional covenants can be added. 

Hi Tom, I messaged you - Are you able to emial me a copy of the updated 2023 Chicago residential lease when you have a moment.  Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2023, 17:56
Quote from @Marina Katovich:
Quote from @Tom Shallcross:

Hi Tom, I messaged you - Are you able to emial me a copy of the updated 2023 Chicago residential lease when you have a moment.  Thank you! 

@Tom Shallcross - reposting this - I messaged you.  Are you able to email me a copy of the updated 2023 Chicago residential lease when you have a moment.  Thank you! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2023, 17:57
Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

Hey @Frank Naujokas - I just got your email and responded with the Chicago residential lease.  Let me know if there is anything else that pops up that I can help with.

@Jonathan Klemm - I messaged you.  Are you able to email me a copy of the 2023 Chicago Residential lease when you have a moment?  Thank you! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Feb 23 2023, 06:37

Hey @Marina Katovich - Sure thing. Will send over the Chicago Assoications of Realtors lease.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 23 2023, 07:33

Thank you - I received it- appreciate your help! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 23 2023, 07:33

Hey @Marina Katovich - Sure thing. Will send over the Chicago Assoications of Realtors lease.

@Jonathan Klemm - Thank you!  Appreciate your help! 

User Stats

Votes
Oleg Sobol
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Feb 26 2023, 06:01

Hello everyone.  I would very much appreciate if someone could email me the "Chicago Assoications of Realtors lease" for 2023.

:D

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 26 2023, 16:05

@Oleg Sobol I will send it to you.

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Marko Bernard Jurkovic
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |

Hello,

Seems I'm a bit late to the party here. Would someone be able to send me a Chicago Assoications of Realtors lease for 2023 as well? Would greatly appreciate it.

User Stats

Votes
Nabil Abou Baker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Feb 28 2023, 07:50

Hey Everyone,

I'm in the same boat.  Would someone be able to send me a copy of the Chicago 2023 lease?  Thanks in advance for your help!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 28 2023, 09:09

I’ve been looking online as well and cant find it. Can someone also email me the 2023 Chicago Association's of Realtors residential lease? Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 3 2023, 13:46

Could you send me a copy of the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 4 2023, 05:18

I'm not sure why people are sharing this via DM instead of a direct link.

Here's a copy you can download: 2023 Chicago Lease Packet

There are also a ton of sites that allow you to fill them out online and print them, for free. Search for 2023 Chicago Lease Agreement and you'll see links to eforms, law depot, rocket lawyer, etc.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Julie George
  • Des Plaines, IL
Votes |
  • Des Plaines, IL
Replied Mar 4 2023, 05:31
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

There are also a ton of sites that allow you to fill them out online and print them, for free. Search for 2023 Chicago Lease Agreement and you'll see links to eforms, law depot, rocket lawyer, etc.

I've been a landlord in Chicago using the standard leases for the years, and it looks like the one you shared is what DOMU puts together. It probably has majority of what is required, but I'd personally rather be safe and use the one that has the Chicago Association of Realtors logo on it. Unfortunately, it's kind of a pain to download and find on the internet. The easy solution would be for one person who has access to it to simply attach it here, rather than individually emailing.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Mar 4 2023, 05:47
Quote from @Julie George:

I've been a landlord in Chicago using the standard leases for the years, and it looks like the one you shared is what DOMU puts together. It probably has majority of what is required, but I'd personally rather be safe and use the one that has the Chicago Association of Realtors logo on it. Unfortunately, it's kind of a pain to download and find on the internet. The easy solution would be for one person who has access to it to simply attach it here, rather than individually emailing.

I thought so. In Wyoming, all legal contracts are copyrighted by the Wyoming Association and only for REALTOR use.

People are always asking for the CAR lease, and REALTORS are sharing it via DM, so I thought it was permissible. Turns out all those REALTORS are breaking the law. This is from the CAR website:

A reminder that the Chicago Residential Lease, and all of CAR’s forms and contracts, are an exclusive member benefit for use only by Chicago Association of REALTORS® members or those who are party to a transaction facilitated by a Chicago Association of REALTORS® member. Distributing or posting any of CAR’s forms and contracts is a copyright infringement and a violation of the terms of use of our forms.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Sarita Scherpereel
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 4 2023, 10:37
Quote from @Julie George:

I thought so. In Wyoming, all legal contracts are copyrighted by the Wyoming Association and only for REALTOR use.

People are always asking for the CAR lease, and REALTORS are sharing it via DM, so I thought it was permissible. Turns out all those REALTORS are breaking the law. This is from the CAR website:

A reminder that the Chicago Residential Lease, and all of CAR’s forms and contracts, are an exclusive member benefit for use only by Chicago Association of REALTORS® members or those who are party to a transaction facilitated by a Chicago Association of REALTORS® member. Distributing or posting any of CAR’s forms and contracts is a copyright infringement and a violation of the terms of use of our forms.

Thank you! We are not really supposed to share this document.