Why does BP not have a forum thread label for 'attorney' or 'lawyer'?

Why does BP not have a forum thread label for 'attorney' or 'lawyer'?

Investor · Global · Member since 2024 · 11 posts · 3 votes

They recommend agents and lenders, but there's not even a forum thread dedicated to the lawyers, is there a reason for that?

I am looking for a real estate lawyer licensed in NY as I'll be making an offer on a property in that state (first time).

As backups, I am also looking at Arizona and Maryland and, equally, looking for RE attorneys in those states.

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Daniel Vroman Rusteen:

I don't think there's enough attorney-related discussion to justify another category. We already have a "Legal and Legislation" but most conversations about attorneys are actually related to a sub-category that already exists. For example, looking for an attorney to handle an eviction could be discussed in the Landlord & Rental Properties forum.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Daniel Vroman Rusteen:

    I don't think there's enough attorney-related discussion to justify another category. We already have a "Legal and Legislation" but most conversations about attorneys are actually related to a sub-category that already exists. For example, looking for an attorney to handle an eviction could be discussed in the Landlord & Rental Properties forum.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Jeremy HoldenBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2021 · 155 posts · 90 votes
    2y

    Arizona is a non attorney state, so no lawyers are needed to conduct a real estate transaction here. 

  • Doug McVinuaPro Member
    Property Manager · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2016 · 608 posts · 426 votes
    2y

    @Daniel Vroman Rusteen In Arizona, most residential transactions are handled without an attorney. I have very rarely had an attorney involved in a residential transaction; I could count on one hand the number of times in 25 years.

    In Arizona commercial transactions, agents generally create an LOI and sometimes a contract, depending on the complexity of the transaction. In commercial transactions, attorneys are commonplace.

    In my Arizona Property Management business, attorneys often handle evictions very effectively. I have never lost an Arizona Eviction.

    Happy to answer any other Arizona-related questions that might arise.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.