Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Keith Lanier
Votes |
Real Estate Development in Southern IL, with TIF incentives

Keith Lanier
Posted Jun 21 2024, 18:09

Hello everyone, I am looking for a seasoned developer to assist me with a project in IL, and very familiar with Tax Incremental Financing? I have been working on this since Jan 2024, this a large project, and currently I am working with the City...If anyone understand the financing strategy, and have a background in Commercial/Residential development, please reach out to me....

thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Valle
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ottawa, IL
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ottawa, IL
Replied Jun 22 2024, 15:26

Hi @Keith Lanier I have some experience with TIF development projects.  I'll be happy to talk and see if I can be of assistance.  

User Stats

Votes
Keith Lanier
Votes |
Replied Jun 22 2024, 15:49

Greetings, Mr. Jacob Valle, thanks for replying and reaching out to me....If we can schedule a call this coming week at your convenience I would be more than happy to jump on a call, to see if you can be of some assistance, that would be great? If you  could provide a day and a time, that would work for you, I will schedule it? How does that sound?

Thanks Mr. Jacob

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kristi Kandel
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Replied Jul 16 2024, 17:47
Quote from @Keith Lanier:

Hello everyone, I am looking for a seasoned developer to assist me with a project in IL, and very familiar with Tax Incremental Financing? I have been working on this since Jan 2024, this a large project, and currently I am working with the City...If anyone understand the financing strategy, and have a background in Commercial/Residential development, please reach out to me....

thank you!

@Keith Lanier TIF is a mechanism that the jurisdiction can help you understand and navigate. Unless you're trying to figure out how to incorporate it into your UW? If your UW forms don't have a TIF line you can hire a person or company to help UW your deal. 

User Stats

Votes
Keith Lanier
Votes |
Replied Jul 17 2024, 02:39

Hi Kristi, thanks for the reply? My first question, is what is UW, what is that Acronyms? This is a small town, and I am dealing with the Treasury dept, of this City, they are not sophisticated on the matter, they want the project, however, I will have to get outsiders involved? Any commentary is appreciated....

thank you Ms. Kandel

User Stats

Votes
Kristi Kandel
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Fort Myers Beach, FL
Replied Jul 19 2024, 11:49
Quote from @Keith Lanier:

Hi Kristi, thanks for the reply? My first question, is what is UW, what is that Acronyms? This is a small town, and I am dealing with the Treasury dept, of this City, they are not sophisticated on the matter, they want the project, however, I will have to get outsiders involved? Any commentary is appreciated....

thank you Ms. Kandel

@Keith Lanier You'll want to make sure the treasury dept has a firm understanding of the TIF as they will need to be the ones facilitating it. They should have county agencies that can assist them when things are too complex for their current capabilities. UW = underwriting.