Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Classifieds
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Looking for an Investment Agent

Stephanie Kofman
Posted

Looking for recommendations on a good relator who can help us find solid investment opportunities in Charlotte, NC.  I’m out of state looking to buy a single family home,new construction, turnkey models.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hey Stephanie, 

I have good recommendation for the Charlotte area.  Send me a DM and I'll shoot you their information. 

User Stats

Votes
Bryce Jamison
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mebane, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mebane, NC
Replied

You are about to get flooded with Charlotte realtors on here!

BP has the "Find the Agent" tool at the top of your screen in the black banner, but I'm not a fan of it because when I tried it the person I thought I was connecting with was not the person that got in touch with me.

I like to use Zillow when looking for realtors in new markets. You can see their rating, reviews, and how many properties they've bought / sold recently.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tim Bell
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Draper, UT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Draper, UT
Replied

Stephanie, I suggest that since you are out of state and intent on investing in Charlotte that you do two things right away.

1) Contact one or more of the local real estate investment associations in that area. Join their association and then talk to the president or one of the other officers of the club and ask them for a referral to a good investor-friendly real estate agent in the area who specializes in what you are looking for. I guarantee they will be able to recommend a good person for you. There will obviously be other benefits for joining, and the membership fee will be negligible.

2) That said, the best resource if you are intent on owning rental properties is the local apartment owners association. In your specific case, it would be the Greater Charlotte Apartment Association (https://www.greatercaa.org/) My clients and I have found that paying the small annual membership fee is an incredible bargain compared to the benefits you receive from membership. From forms to legal services to property management referrals and a lot more, they can be a tremendous resource, especially if you are out of state. And, certainly, they can refer you to a great investor friendly agent, too.

User Stats

Votes
Levi Bennett
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Hey Stephanie, I operate a team based near Charlotte, and all I've done for 10 years is Investment Brokerage in the residential space. Including multi-family. There are several good ones, but my advice to you is make sure whoever you are working with can speak the language and not just saying they're "investor friendly" but have no idea what it actually means, and is an investor themselves. 

• Real Estate Agent North Carolina (#333766)

• SERHANT.
SERHANT. Logo

User Stats

Votes
Colleen Goldstein
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Replied

👋 Hey Stephanie! I'm a realtor in the Charlotte market as well as an investor myself (10+ years with majority of portfolio within Charlotte). Would be happy to connect to see if it's a good fit and if we can find some properties that meet your investing goals.

Colleen Goldstein
267-972-2427
[email protected]

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Wolff
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

Hey Stephanie, Ill shoot  you a PM with some of my personal recommendations! 

The One Brokerage Logo