Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Cuello
  • Financial Advisor
  • Hoboken, NJ
Votes |
Credit Card Financing

Spencer Cuello
  • Financial Advisor
  • Hoboken, NJ
Posted Apr 14 2024, 11:52

Has anyone taken advantage of 0% APR credit card usage to help fund a deal? I know some companies offer 0% APR for new cardholders for a certain period of months. Read online of some people utilizing to provide liquidity for a deal and want to learn more.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 14 2024, 15:48
Quote from @Spencer Cuello:

Has anyone taken advantage of 0% APR credit card usage to help fund a deal? I know some companies offer 0% APR for new cardholders for a certain period of months. Read online of some people utilizing to provide liquidity for a deal and want to learn more.

I know a lot of people who do it, I would ask what is your exit. for example we have done it when we were doing some renovations and had a line of credit as well that we were going to transfer the cost too. As long as you have an exit and do not get stuck with the penalties and interest if you do not pay it off in time, its not a bad idea. Where it goes wrong is people use it to renovate and sell a property but it takes a lot longer and they get caught paying all the penalties and fees which are a crusher.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Carbonare
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Apr 15 2024, 07:49

@Spencer Cuello  
I have, and just the other day I wrote about it here. I don't recommend this approach as standard operating procedure, but in that deal, my first, I was somehow able to walk away with a $30K profit.  

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
The Easiest Way to Save 150 hours & $5,000 / year Stop the busy work and start growing your RE business with market leading APY & automated finances

User Stats

Votes
Tom S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Replied Apr 15 2024, 15:11

@Spencer Cuello As others mentioned, can be used if it's short term only and you have a plan to pay off before the 0% expires.

Also note it's best used for the rehab portion of a deal after the purchase is complete.  Typically you can't use the CC funds to fund the downpayment of a conventional loan.  Also be careful of applying before the loan closes, as the lender will ask what the inquires are for.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Apr 16 2024, 13:38

Never taken advantage of something like this and I'm averse to it... the crunch time with a ticking promo period with an overkill of fees/penalties is not worth it for me.

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Cuello
  • Financial Advisor
  • Hoboken, NJ
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Hoboken, NJ
Replied May 8 2024, 18:57

Thanks all! For background, I was thinking of using it for half of an investment in a shorter term syndication that I would aim to pay back before the 0% interest promo expires.