Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kit Jackson
Votes |
CIT Small Business Lending

Kit Jackson
Posted

Brief history. Back in 2007 I took out a loan with CIT that was backed by the SBA. It was in

my LLC name but I personally guaranteed it foolishly using my house as collateral. Fast

forward to today and I have enough equity to pay the lien off. However on a Title Search

I did in 2020 it shows the lien in 2nd position to CIT Small Business Lending.  I did speak

to the Treasury Offset division who stated I did have one SBA backed loan for a much lower

amount than the lien.  That of course makes a difference in equity so how can I find out what

I actually owe?

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied

Would have to call and order an official payoff from the lender 

User Stats

Votes
Kit Jackson
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Jacob Sherman:

Would have to call and order an official payoff from the lender 

After detective work I now found who has the loan/lien on my house.

ReadyCap Lending.    This is an email I just received from their rep:

"

The initial appraisal cost would be paid by ReadyCap but the expense would be taken from any from the sale/refinance and settlement to release the lien.

The plan would be to determine the amount of equity based on the updated appraisal and first lien and then negotiate a settlement with you for the release of the lien. Just quickly based on the amount of the first and a quick check of Zillow there could be a substantial amount of equity in the real estate. If that is the case, we would have to discuss your offer and the remaining principal balance on the loan. If we could not agree on a number, then a foreclosure would have to be started. Again, first we determine the amount of equity."

Can you break that down to me like I'm in 6th grade what the rep means?  If they're in 2nd position and even if there's substantial equity how could they move into any type of foreclosure??

BiggerPockets logo
Time to Refi? Get the Best Loan
|
BiggerPockets
Lender Finder helps secure the best loan for your strategy. Easily connect with top investor-friendly lenders now to lock in lowered rates. 🔒