Votes
Anthony Alexander
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
Options for pulling equity out of rental property for purchase

Anthony Alexander
  • Detroit, MI
Posted May 17 2024, 09:50

I just got wind of a 4 unit property that hasn't hit the market yet. I don't have the cash required, so I'd have to finance. I'm looking at what options I have to pull equity out of other rental properties I have.

Does anyone know of investor-friendly lenders that service the San Antonio / South Texas area and will allow home equity loans or HELOCs on rental properties? I'd rather not do an entire cash-out refi because I have a much better rate on the property than I could get today.

With a 70% LTV planning factor, I'd still have plenty of room for the cash I'm looking for to make the down payment (~125k).

Thanks for any help/advice!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Croucier
Lender
  • Lender
  • Dallas TX
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Dallas TX
Replied May 17 2024, 11:55

Hi Anthony, I can service a investment property heloc however it might not be the best solution. Rates on these investment heloc's are 12-15% right now... You might just be better off doing a cash out refinance.

ALL LOANS FUNDING Logo

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
#4 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
#4 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
Replied May 17 2024, 18:02
Quote from @Anthony Alexander:

I just got wind of a 4 unit property that hasn't hit the market yet. I don't have the cash required, so I'd have to finance. I'm looking at what options I have to pull equity out of other rental properties I have.

Does anyone know of investor-friendly lenders that service the San Antonio / South Texas area and will allow home equity loans or HELOCs on rental properties? I'd rather not do an entire cash-out refi because I have a much better rate on the property than I could get today.

With a 70% LTV planning factor, I'd still have plenty of room for the cash I'm looking for to make the down payment (~125k).

Thanks for any help/advice!

You may be able to do a stand alone DSCR based second mortgage. Lenders will factor both the 1st and 2nd mortgage payment to calculate the DSCR. Rates will be in the high 11s-12.5% Range

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied May 17 2024, 19:25

Helocs are tough to get on investment properties but can look into cashout refinance options on your investment properties upto 80% 

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 18 2024, 12:26

@Anthony Alexander,  I might be able to share some lending resources with you in the area that can assist you with your scenario. Feel free to reach out. Happy to share some knowledge. 

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo