Impact investing in Real estate - which options do you know?

Impact investing in Real estate - which options do you know?

Investor · OOS · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hey BP's!

I would love to read different ideas of ways to do good while investing in real estate.

If it's affordable living, short-term rentals for people with disabilities, eco-building - you name it :)

And if you're doing it - please share! 

Thanks and have a great one,

Julia

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    I obey the law, I maintain the rentals, and I treat people honestly and fairly. 

    I earn money with my product (real estate) and then share that through charities outside of real estate. Pregnancy resource center, my local church, rental assistance programs, Young Life, free housing and financial donations to a food pantry, buying 4H animals at the county fair, kids sports, Habitat for Humanity, etc.

    I recommend separating business and charity. When your business is your charity, there's a lot of room for failure.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Julia Havia,

    If you're looking for the warm and fuzzies, real estate isn't where you need to be.    Volunteer, and keep it separate.

    If you're looking to become darker, saltier and overall have less faith in humanity-- keep buying,  strongly suggest you rent to  charities if you want to really hate people! I  say this from experience.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.