Introduction to BiggerPockets

Introduction to BiggerPockets

Devon KennardPro Member
Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 26 votes

Hey guys my name is Devon Kennard I’m in the NFL and have been a real estate investor as well for the last 5 years. I’ve been listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast for over a year now and finally decided to join and connect with you guys! Looking forward to networking and learning from you guys!

18Reply
85 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 139 posts · 143 votes
7y

@Devon Kennard welcome to BP! I work for a real estate company owned by NFL owners and work pretty closely with personnel on the NFL side as well. If you are ever in Minnesota and have time to meet up let me know. 

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devon KennardPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Joshua Esparza hey man! I grew up a cowboys fan as well. My father actually was the starting center in 96 when they won the super bowl. I have a picture of me on my dads shoulders after the game. I have no immediate plans on reaching the Texas market yet but I love Austin so maybe we can do something down the line!

  • Devon KennardPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @David Stevoff wow thanks for sharing this information. Majority of my properties are in Cleveland Ohio and I have plans to buy more there this year but I keep hearing Detroit is a good market as well so that’s where I may look next.

  • Devon KennardPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Rob B. I haven’t heard of automated services not sure if I’m interested at moment I like dealing with an actual property management firm looking over my properties but as I keep growing this is something I will keep in mind. No immediate plans on reaching the Chicago market but I do love that city and would love to have properties their eventually so I will keep you in mind. Let’s exchange contact info!

  • Devon KennardPro Member
    OP
    Lender · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Jamiel Strickland funny single family buy and holds as well as syndication multifamily is what I’m in now as well! Thanks for having me. Haven’t began looking in Detroit but when I do hope we can connect!

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard welcome! We're hosting a conference in Minneapolis in September that's going to be big if you'd like to come

  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 380 posts · 244 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard lol dope means we will have a lot to talk about when the time is right and you ready to jump into the fun here in Detroit!

  • Rental Property Investor · Houma, LA · Member since 2019 · 63 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard Welcome! I’m new to BP myself and so far it’s been a wonderful resource. I’m always looking to connect and learn from others experiences!

    We currently have 12 units so nothing crazy we are looking into a 81 unit in New Orleans.

  • Developer · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Hey Devon, let's do a Detroit deal so I can pay back that $10k  I might have as well set on fire for my Lions season tickets last year

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard welcome to BP.  It is great to see someone with a high income use that income to invest and build generational wealth.  Good luck this season....however Bears Down.

  • Lewisville, TX · Member since 2015 · 341 posts · 264 votes
    7y

    @Austin Hendrickson Jones LaSalle?

  • Lewisville, TX · Member since 2015 · 341 posts · 264 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard. Feel free to reach out for any info on syndications & different operators & asset classes.

    Best of luck to you.

    My brother plays pro baseball & I’m trying to get him more into real estate!

  • Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 139 posts · 143 votes
    7y

    @Matt Millard I work for a new real estate development company in Minnesota which is owned by the same ownership as the MN Vikings. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 251 posts · 224 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard welcome from a die hard Lions fan! From Grand Rapids originally. Now live in MN.

    I invest in Lansing area from OOS now. Ive heard Detroit and suburbs are great!

  • Real Estate Professional · Rockford, MI · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 138 votes
    7y

     @Sean Sloop do you have a management company in Lansing you work with and would recommend? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 251 posts · 224 votes
    7y

    @Tim VandenToorn

    DS Huber Properties

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard welcome to the community! If you’re ever in San Antonio to let me know!

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 155 posts · 76 votes
    7y

    @Devon Kennard

    Welcome to BP! It has been a great avenue to learn and connect so far. If you ever look to be active in the San Antonio market I would be glad to help! Go Cowboys!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 515 posts · 247 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Devon Kennard:

    Hey guys my name is Devon Kennard I’m in the NFL and have been a real estate investor as well for the last 5 years. I’ve been listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast for over a year now and finally decided to join and connect with you guys! Looking forward to networking and learning from you guys!

     Welcome Devon!  I'm a college football junkie!  I remember watching you back at USC!  I'm an investor here in Chicago...a great place to live and invest.  Glad to see you having great success as a pro! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP, you have come to a great community. Many of us who have first hand experience on how things went right and went wrong.  I wish you the best in your investment journey.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.