When can I call myself a serious Real Estate Investor

When can I call myself a serious Real Estate Investor

Rental Property Investor · Geneva, NY · Member since 2015 · 65 posts · 17 votes

I've done one Mortgage Note deal, One single family home deal, and I'm closing on a duplex hopefully by the end of this month. When can I call myself a serious real estate investor? I'm sorry if this sounds prideful, I'm just curious and I don't want to be arrogant when I haven't done per say a lot of deals. Although I'm thinking regardless of how many deals I've done I still feel cocky and brass for even asking this question. I still definitely would catorgize me as being a newbie investor, but I'm curious how many deals does it take to be considered an average, or even an advanced investor? Is there such a scale, should we even measure our knowledge or seriousness by the number of deals we've done? How do you measure success? Is it subjective or should it be objective? #askbp

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe VilleneuvePro Member
Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
11y

Easy answer. 

 When you don't have the need to ask.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11y

    Easy answer. 

     When you don't have the need to ask.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 56 posts · 68 votes
    11y

    I'd say that once you own an investment property you're a real estate investor.  I don't really think there's "average" or "advanced" categories, and it's not necessarily the number of deals.

    I don't think it's helpful to compare yourself to other people.  Set your own goals and be satisfied when you reach them. There are many people who I'd consider wealthy that are still unhappily looking over at their neighbor.

  • Registered Nurse (ICU) · San Jose, CA · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 332 votes
    11y
    Joe Villeneuve I like and agree with Joe Villeneuve's answer.
  • Rental Property Investor · Stuart, FL · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 68 votes
    11y

    You can call yourself "serious" when you GET SERIOUS. Once you decide that real estate is what you are going to do, you are a SERIOUS INVESTOR!!!

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    To paraphrase: "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking becoming a serious real estate investor"...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.