Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Donna Johnson
Pro Member
Votes |
Knowledge/Experience with Cope Equities in DFW Area?

Donna Johnson
Pro Member
Posted Jun 26 2024, 13:14

Anyone invest with these builders or thoughts about doing so?  They are currently offering 14% up to 20% on a particular project they are working on.  If it sounds to good to be true.......or opportunity knocks?

From Cope Equities:

"This project is already begun – no risk of it not starting – it already started, a $44 million dollar project ($29 million in costs, approximately). We did not fund the last few million of the raise, so we are allowing the final slots to come in at up to 20% APR, fixed annual simple deferred return (deferred means you get all of your interest earnings at the end when we repay your principal – and that happens when we finish building and then sell the apartment complex).

This asset is our safest MF asset, in my opinion, BECAUSE the project is backed not just by our equity in the apartments – but by our equity in the entire 54-acre land development.

There is $15 MILLION of equity there – meaning of course that the project is worth (apartments and surrounding land) $15 million more than what we owe to ALL banks and investors involved in the project. So your investment will be covered by millions and millions of dollars worth of equity based on recent appraisals."

+

Loading replies...