Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chris Nare
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cincinnati OH, USA
Votes |
Off Market Deal

Chris Nare
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cincinnati OH, USA
Posted

Hi, I found a condo next to one we just bought, and is off the market that the seller bought in 2014. The comps say it is with about 150K and needs about $12-15K in cosmetic updates. The HOA is $225/month. It would rent for about $1700/month. the seller is looking to sell to get money out to use for a family medical need.

I would like to figure out how I can make at least two offers to the seller. I am thinking of making a more traditional offer and a seller-financed offer. I have not made a seller offer before. So looking for some guidance on structuring the offer or any other ideas on how to get this condo preferably without using a bank. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
#3 Starting Out Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Starting Out Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied

@Chris Nare happy to help, PM me

User Stats

Votes
Ben Miller
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied

I suggest seeing what they paid in 2014 to make some assumptions about what they owe so you know what goes into their pocket for hospital expenses vs to the bank. 
Your traditional offer is the anchor, it will be low and slower to close. The seller finance option would be higher sale price and close faster. Terms, for example, could be $56k down with $1000 monthly payments for the next 8 years to give them a solid initial amount.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.