Real Estate Agent · naperville, IL · Member since 2014 · 193 posts · 53 votes
With an expanding rental portfolio and next step to focus on Multi-family, it seems to be a better idea to hire a professional Property Management company to mange my rental units. Most of my rental units are in Western suburbs of Chicago and looking for a professional, experienced and reliable property manager to handle that.
Would appreciate recommendations from experienced BP members/investors.
Will also appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or precautions I should be taking before hiring a property manager.
Investor · Centennial, CO · Member since 2012 · 327 posts · 232 votes
10y
Hi Kumar, suggest you go to some local RE Clubs in the area and ask the active investors at those meetings who they recommend. Personally, I recommend you go to CCIA - Chicago Creative Investors Association. www.CCIA-Info.com. I believe they meet on the third Sunday of the month in the Lombard/Oak Brook area.
Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2014 · 304 posts · 222 votes
10y
Hi Kumar, I haven't grown enough to justify a PM, but when I get there @Mark Ainley would be the first place I would start.
He is very experienced and active in the forums,( he was also featured on podcast 72 ) and based on his quick and insightful responses to some of my questions, I would recommend him.
Real Estate Agent · naperville, IL · Member since 2014 · 193 posts · 53 votes
10y
Hi BP..
With regard to local RE Clubs/meet ups in Chicago area, I came across WCRT and CCIA (Chicago Creative Investors Association). I believe both are very similar but can I have a POV with regard to which one is better or more useful??
Rental Property Investor · Saint Charles, IL · Member since 2014 · 304 posts · 222 votes
10y
@Kumar Paj you might also consider the Chicago meetup hosted by @Brie Schmidt and @George Foster.
I cut and pasted the email from one of the last meetings below...
The Meetup for Chicago Investors on Tuesday March 15th (and the 3rd Tuesday of every month) at Dino's Pizza located at 7004 West Higgins Avenue from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
These events are not sponsored by any person or company so the events are 100% networking. We do a "Shark Tank" style event in the beginning of the meetups. So if you have a deal you need a partner on, present it to the group. We have created a one sheet template for pitching deals to streamline the presentations. This is not a format for selling deals, it is only for people looking for partners
6:30 - 7:00 - Networking
7:00 - 7:30 - "Shark Tank" Presentations
7:30 - 8:00 - Group Introductions
8:00 - ??? - Networking
Day after Event - I email out all the Shark Tank deals that were presented. If you are not on the email list you can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bwCy6D