Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Axel Meierhoefer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Escondido, CA
Votes |
I love my Turnkey Investments. BP is skeptical. Am I just lucky?

Axel Meierhoefer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Escondido, CA
Posted

I have a strategy I call out of state turnkey residential investing or "OOS TK SFR". We have all our properties in this model and have great experiences for several year now. When I speak to people here on BP, a lot of them tell me that turnkey does not have a good reputation on Bigger Pockets, sometimes even to the point of being surprised when I describe what we do, how we do it, and how well we have been getting the desired results, especially when it comes to cash flow.

Am I just lucky, what are your experiences, and what do you think about turnkey investing in residential real estate?   

User Stats

Votes
Spencer J.
  • Investor
  • Nashua, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Nashua, NH
Replied

@Axel Meienhoefer, HHmm, nope didn't see it in the private message response, maybe I'll send a quick one.  Even though I am in no position to buy right now.  My wife is actually considering possibly a local short-term rental.

User Stats

Votes
Khaled El Dorry
Pro Member
  • Casselberry, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Casselberry, FL
Replied

Really great discussion here. Fun reading the dialogue. Dr @Axel Meierhoefer and I have been exchanging emails about some TK providers and he's definitely a wealth of knowledge. I have also had a solid experience with TK so far. I bought 3 SFH's and closing on a duplex in 2-3 weeks. So far I have about $12k in reserves all generated from excess rental cash and I just refinanced the three homes which will generate roughly $500 extra per month. From an appreciation standpoint since I just refinanced my appraisals came in with roughly $250K in equity in all 3 SFH. I do 25% down payment and finance the rest. All in Florida and I bought them all brand new.

I realize the returns are not as good as BRRR or house hack but I do have a very demanding job and I take the lower return as my time is tied up in a job I enjoy which also generates income for me to buy more properties with.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.