• Real Estate Agent
  • Beaver, PA
Votes |
volusia county florida foreclosure auction

Jeanni Prescan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaver, PA
Posted Jan 17 2019, 09:32

I'm looking at an auction in Volusia county FL, and the info states that est debt is $150,000.  Does that mean that the debt would need to be paid off if I win the auction?  And is it in addition to the amount of my bid?  Bid starts at just $100.  I'm in PA; don't know how the Florida system works.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Gina Stern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Jan 18 2019, 07:53

Need a little more information here. Who is foreclosing on the property, a bank, hoa or other? Who is owed the $150,000 debt?

User Stats

Votes
Jeanni Prescan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaver, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaver, PA
Replied Jan 23 2019, 05:13

@Gina Stern, so sorry for the late reply.  I just saw that you replied. 

The house is showing on auction.com and the aution is at the county site.   Here's what is on Auction.com

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Cynthia Bankston
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jan 23 2019, 08:51

Hi Jeanni,

I work for Auction.com. Please let me know if you have additional questions or would like to speak to someone in your area of interest. Estimated debt is defined as the total estimated debt, plus court-imposed fees, unpaid interest and legal costs owed by the homeowner at the notice of foreclosure sale. 

As this is the amount owed on the property, you will likely not win the bid below this amount. Was the estimated credit bid also available on the property details page?