Am I investing incorrectly?
San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 69 posts · 18 votes
So far I have purchased one SFH which has turned out excellent so far. I am now in the process of buying a second one, but for some reason I just feel like I'm not investing properly. It's not that my current rental isn't cash flowing or appreciating, it's the fact that I looked on the MLS, viewed 20 or so properties, did my dd, and ran the numbers. Everything I read makes it seem like people are buying these hidden deal properties that are off market and turn out to be excellent. My situation is different in that I am able to generate enough income from my job, that I can save up for the 20% down payment fairly quickly, and that will only increase with the more properties I have providing additional cash flow.
My long term goals are to take on real estate investing full time, and move onto multi family and commercial buildings. I am still fairly young at 23, so I have a long time to figure it out, but I just feel like I could be doing better and decreasing the amount of time it takes before I could leave my job and do this full time.
I'm located in San Antonio, and I prefer to have a higher quality of tenant and am not willing to go down in price to get cheaper properties that may have higher returns.