The "Screw you" buy me sight unseen listings

The "Screw you" buy me sight unseen listings

Real Estate Agent · Pompano Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 249 posts · 73 votes

Is this only happening in Florida? A lot of listings are being posted without the right to inspect as a mandate, cant view the properties cause tenants are there. And oh yea don't bother them " says the listing agent" lol. I mean this is ridiculous.

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
10y

It's becoming more common, probably due to BS wholesalers and wannabe buyers, and tire kickers....viewing after contract, but with an inspection clause. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 127 votes
    10y

    Realtors as a whole think all landlords are just THAT stupid. Go figure. Had a commercial RE agent tell me that I didn't have permission to set foot on the property until after I'd closed!

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    It's becoming more common, probably due to BS wholesalers and wannabe buyers, and tire kickers....viewing after contract, but with an inspection clause. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2011 · 49 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    I up in Ocala, FL and have bought a few homes with tenants in them. When there are tenants it seems the owner/bank/RE agent wants a good bit of notice to give the tenants notice. I have not run across a no inspect home yet and probably wouldnot be interested unless one heck of a deal.

    The funny thing is when you go through a house with a tenant in my experience you get a real good look at how they live and keep the home. I have never gone through one where I felt they cleaned up or did anything for the viewing.......so you can see if you wanna keep them as tenants if you buy the home or wait for lease to expire and part ways.

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I haven't seen much of that but I am buying off market most of the time now.

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    My response to those types of listings is screw you right back, I'll take my money elsewhere, like to your competitors. 

    I don't even go to view houses that don't have pics of the interior listed. Experience has taught me 99 out of a 100 times, there is a reason there are no interior pictures, and it isn't because the place is an immaculate palace. 

  • Real Estate Agent/Property Management · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 827 votes
    10y

    I see quite a bit where no showings are allowed until after a contract has been accepted. It always involves tenant-occupied properties. I'm guessing they don't want to freak out the tenant with a bunch of potential buyers coming through.

    But I've never seen a listing where you couldn't inspect the property at all. Once you have a contract in place, you can inspect all you want. And if you don't like what you see, pull out of the contract.

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    A lot of the REO property in my area is sold that way. Auction.com has lots of the really damaged inventory. The better stuff it actually put on the MLS, but the property that won't qualify for a loan is sold that way. Surprisingly some stupid people sometimes buy it for as much as viewable, good condition homes sell for.

    I will buy it, but only at fire sale prices.  

    Oh, and the banks will lie, lie, lie!  The last property I bought was no viewing, tenant occupied.  Bank has no knowledge of tenant.  Then immediately after I signed all documents and they were faxed to the seller, the seller called my realtor.  The bank had rented to the tenant themselves.  The bank was charging $300/month for a 2/1 house, utilities included.  As the property entered escrow the tenant did not leave, the bank closed off utilities.  The tenant put the utilities in his name and stayed.  So the bank did not want to deal with their mess.

    Ended up being ok for me, I just gave tenant a 30 day notice that the rent was going to $700/month and he paid all utilities.  He decided to move before the higher rent was due.  He asked if I would waive him giving me 30 day notice and I said, sure if he was out by a certain date.  He did leave.  BTW, my fire sale price was $26k.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.