Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Federico C.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Berlin, Germany
Votes |
New Investor in Germany Seeking Guidance on Real Estate

Federico C.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Berlin, Germany
Posted

Hello BiggerPockets community!

I'm a first-time real estate investor based in Germany, eager to learn and start my journey, of Italian citizenship. I'm particularly interested in strategies that could help me achieve financial independence as soon as possible.

Here's what I'm hoping to learn:

European Market Focus

What are the key considerations for investing in European real estate? Are there specific countries or regions that offer good opportunities for beginners?

German Real Estate Landscape

Being in Germany, what should I know about investing here? Are there any unique challenges or opportunities?

International Mortgages

How can I obtain mortgages for properties outside my current country? How does this process change if I move to another country?

Getting Started

What's the best strategy for a beginner to start with, especially if aiming for quick progress towards financial independence? Are there any common pitfalls I should avoid?

Mentorship Opportunities

Are there any mentorship programs or experienced investors specializing in European or international real estate that you'd recommend?

I appreciate any advice, resources, or personal experiences you can share. Thank you for helping me kickstart my journey towards financial independence through real estate!

Looking forward to learning from this community!

Federico

User Stats

Votes
Kai Kopsch
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied

@Federico C., welcome to the BP community! Congratulations on your inaugural post – it's like your first step on the moon, but with less risk of tripping over a rock and more about not tripping over real estate regulations.

You'll find a galaxy of free real estate investing content here, but remember, it's mostly tailored for the American market. It's like trying to use a map of New York to navigate Rome – the streets might look similar, but good luck finding your pizza place. 

Keep exploring. I'm from Germany and started to invest in US RE around 2008

Kai Kopsch Realty One Group Select Logo

User Stats

Votes
Christoph Heim
  • Investor
  • Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Reutlingen, Baden-Württemberg
Replied

Hi Federico,

achieving financial independence from real estate is very hard in Germany. Compared to the stories you hear on bigger pockets, the cashflow you are likely to get in Germany is not enough to become financially free. If you are lucky, it will cover all your costs related to the property (bank rate etc.).

In Germany, real estate is a long term investment where usually the biggest gains (depending on region) come from appreciation.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Federico C.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Berlin, Germany
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Berlin, Germany
Replied

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I am not considering Germany so much.