Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Hai Le
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
DSCR Loan Companies?

Hai Le
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Posted

Hello, I currently have 2 rental properties in upstate NY and I am looking to purchase more in the near future. I'm looking into getting a DSCR loan as I'm looking to move out of state in the near future but still purchase properties here remotely. I've been trying to do research as far as different DSCR Companies but not sure who is reputable and who isn't. I've requested contact from companies like Nationwide Mortgage Bankers, Express Capital Financing, LendingOne and Easy Street Capital. Who do you guys go through, what's your experience with any of these companies and who would you recommend I go through?

User Stats

Votes
Devin Peterson
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied

Hai,

Bigger pockets has lots on lending options for commercial and multifamily space. I recommend using the find a lender tab at the top of the page

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hi Hai! I also recommend using the "Find a Lender" tab at the top of the page! 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied
Quote from @Hai Le:

Hello, I currently have 2 rental properties in upstate NY and I am looking to purchase more in the near future. I'm looking into getting a DSCR loan as I'm looking to move out of state in the near future but still purchase properties here remotely. I've been trying to do research as far as different DSCR Companies but not sure who is reputable and who isn't. I've requested contact from companies like Nationwide Mortgage Bankers, Express Capital Financing, LendingOne and Easy Street Capital. Who do you guys go through, what's your experience with any of these companies and who would you recommend I go through?

Hey Hai, 

I would recommend working with a mortgage broker, familiar with all the lending guidelines. Each lender you pointed out have very different guidelines. It is critical to know which lender will be able to suit your needs. 

I would also look for reviews, licensing, and communication. There are many lenders out there that are horrible to work with. 

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
#3 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied

Hey @Hai Le!

I'd say the loan officer you work with is just as, if not more important than the company. Each company will have different rates, guidelines, overlays, etc. which is the main thing to look for when it comes to the company itself. When choosing a loan officer, make sure you find someone you mesh well with and you trust to have your best interest at heart. Personally, I value communication. Nothing worse than someone who works banker hours or being close to closing and having your loan officer leave you hanging. Be wary of any up front fees charged outside of a credit report fee and apprisal. 

Best of luck, happy to connect if you have any questions!

Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo