Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

User Stats

Votes
Replied

The first property we paid and accepted (June 21), was supposed to be empty and ready for us to list Aug. 26. When we suspected it was a scam, we disputed the charges and since then have heard nothing. Not questioning as to why we had the charges disputed and the money returned to our CC... nothing regarding the next steps with the listing. The only thing we received was another email offering more properties. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I've done this, disputed with my bank and filing a police report. Everyone one of us needs to file a police report.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I have anyone listed a home with core capital? I looked up the company and it stated they opened there LLC in 2024. Seems like a legit company, for REO listings I do know you pay for up front things and get reimbursed at closing, however I can't seem to find any reviews on Core Capital.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Nathan Davis:

I have anyone listed a home with core capital? I looked up the company and it stated they opened there LLC in 2024. Seems like a legit company, for REO listings I do know you pay for up front things and get reimbursed at closing, however I can't seem to find any reviews on Core Capital.

Nathan, RUN! They are a scam. They took $3,000 from my account that I did not authorize. I've created a FB group for anyone who has been scammed by them to come together to discuss. I highly recommend anyone who has been taken advantage of to file a police report. I've discovered they do this every year under a different business name. Their office location is a virtual office where they only receive mail.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Lesley Hardegree:

Nathan, RUN! They are a scam. They took $3,000 from my account that I did not authorize. I've created a FB group for anyone who has been scammed by them to come together to discuss. I highly recommend anyone who has been taken advantage of to file a police report. I've discovered they do this every year under a different business name. Their office location is a virtual office where they only receive mail.  

Thanks, I filed a complaint on ic3.gov and notified Wyoming Secretary of State, were they filed there Articles of organization. I did this today. Hopefully the FBI can get them, I read others on here filed a complaint also. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Don't pay its a scam 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Karen H Sothoron:

Has anyone worked with Core Capital (located in Casper, Wyo.) to help liquidate their REO inventory?

I started working with them and things started not making sense. After doing more research about their virtutal office address and the company that set up their LLC is done online from Houston. The Wyoming Secretary of State said we need to file a complaint with the Wyoming Attorney Generals office if they charged any of your credit cards. What is the Facebook group you have set up?

User Stats

Votes
Replied

I guess i got screwed by old Eric too. His phone number no longer works. I had 14 listings going. Man they are really good. I usaually pick up on these things right away. I did 10 damn BPOs for nothing!

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kurt Bogart:

I guess i got screwed by old Eric too. His phone number no longer works. I had 14 listings going. Man they are really good. I usaually pick up on these things right away. I did 10 damn BPOs for nothing!

Did you have to pay $600 per listing? Did you get your money back if you did? And yes, some of our were awesome!

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kurt Bogart:

You need to report this to your bank, your local police dept, FTC, ic3.gov (FBI). I've created a FB group called "Core Capital REO SCAM!!" Please join to help me and others catch these criminals.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Keith Ference:

Has anyone worked with Core Capital (located in Casper, Wyo.) to help liquidate their REO inventory?

I started working with them and things started not making sense. After doing more research about their virtutal office address and the company that set up their LLC is done online from Houston. The Wyoming Secretary of State said we need to file a complaint with the Wyoming Attorney Generals office if they charged any of your credit cards. What is the Facebook group you have set up?

FB group is "Core Capital REO SCAM!!" Please join to help me and other catch these criminals. Please also report this to your bank, your local police dept, FTC, ic3.gov (FBI), your attorney general, WY Sec of State, and anywhere else you can think of to report. I will updating the FB group today as I uncover more info.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Chris Adolfi:
Quote from @Kurt Bogart:

Did you have to pay $600 per listing? Did you get your money back if you did? And yes, some of our were awesome!

I always pay for things like this with AMEX, yes got everything back

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied

FB group is "Core Capital REO SCAM!!" Please join to help me and other catch these criminals. Please also report this to your bank, your local police dept, FTC, ic3.gov (FBI), your attorney general, WY Sec of State, and anywhere else you can think of to report. I will updating the FB group today as I uncover more info.

i cant find your facebook group

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kurt Bogart:

I can't post the group here or I'll get suspended for 24 hours. Search my name on facebook and send me a private message and I'll send you a direct link.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Kurt Bogart:

I can't post the group here or I'll get suspended for 24 hours. Search my name on facebook and send me a private message and I'll send you a direct link.

I got scammed to by Eric Anderson. I had also gotten a phone called from a Randy with Maverick, he said he handles the credit card transactions for Core capital and wanted to make sure I got what I ‘ordered’ I expressed my concerns and should have stuck to my gut telling me this was a scam. I’m 60 days past the initial charge and now I can’t dispute. I’m so mad at myself. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

@group I found this online when I did my investigation, https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-anderson-6a0861202/, not sure if its a coincidence. File a report on https://www.ic3.gov/ and let them know about this group. I got all my money back, the longer you wait its unlikely to get your money back FYI.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied

@group I found this online when I did my investigation, https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-anderson-6a0861202/, not sure if its a coincidence. File a report on https://www.ic3.gov/ and let them know about this group. I got all my money back, the longer you wait its unlikely to get your money back FYI.  

Nathan, please join my FB group, "Core Capital REO SCAM!!" Or search for me on FB and send me a private message and I'll send you a link to the group. I've uncovered A LOT in my investigating and have posted it all there. I still have more than I haven't posted because I'm not sure if it all connects yet.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Well my dad / PB got scammed as well and we didn't find out until today when I started doing some research on the properties because something just appeared to be odd about a couple of them. Like a couple of the other posts stated, it was Eric Anderson and some of the properties were supposed to be vacant by 8/26 and 9/3. My dad reached out to report the ones that weren't vacant on 8/26, but I guess he didn't watch for a reply and when I went to report today that they weren't vacant and the occupancy form and BPO form were glitchy; I found out the email and contact information were no good.

Big sigh!!! Once I started digging I found this thread as well as one from June 3rd on a REO page I am a member of on FB. The post made June 3rd, which I apparently didn't see or it didn't register, stated that Core Capital was a scam and to stay away. 8 properties at $600 a shot is going to be a tough lesson for us, but thanks for the information folks. I hated breaking the news to my dad on this one.

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Charles Mark Pettus:

Well my dad / PB got scammed as well and we didn't find out until today when I started doing some research on the properties because something just appeared to be odd about a couple of them. Like a couple of the other posts stated, it was Eric Anderson and some of the properties were supposed to be vacant by 8/26 and 9/3. My dad reached out to report the ones that weren't vacant on 8/26, but I guess he didn't watch for a reply and when I went to report today that they weren't vacant and the occupancy form and BPO form were glitchy; I found out the email and contact information were no good.

Big sigh!!! Once I started digging I found this thread as well as one from June 3rd on a REO page I am a member of on FB. The post made June 3rd, which I apparently didn't see or it didn't register, stated that Core Capital was a scam and to stay away. 8 properties at $600 a shot is going to be a tough lesson for us, but thanks for the information folks. I hated breaking the news to my dad on this one.

By all means contact your CC company. Mine said I had 90 days from when it first charged, in order to dispute the charge. They reimbursed me over the next 48 hours. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied

AND, that time frame from each so even if you don't get reimbursed for the first one for example, you might get reimbursed for 5 of them. Take heart!