Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Henry Lazerow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
The new NAR rules have actually made buyer agent commissions go up not down

Henry Lazerow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Posted

Here in Chicago commission have typically been between 2 and 2.5 percent of gross sale price but now with the new rules I have not met any agents willing to take less then 2.5% so what has happened is the listings that provide 2% are now increased either by seller or buyer to our minimum of 2.5%. I have not had any buyers or sellers put up an argument with this or try to buy without a buyer agent. I don't make my clients sign long term contract either just per a property saying will pay me the difference if we don't get at least 2.5% and everyone been cool with it. Some background my team has sold around 55 million now of 2-4 units in Chicago so we are the experts in the niche, maybe new agents will have a harder time now but definitely is not hurting experienced agents. 

Loading replies...