Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Need Buyer Now!

Posted Jun 4 2024, 15:14

There is a hotel in Newport News Va and I’m looking to wholesale it but I have no buyer lined up for it. Does anyone know how I can find a buyer for this?

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Jun 5 2024, 05:25
Quote from @Maleek Richardson:

There is a hotel in Newport News Va and I’m looking to wholesale it but I have no buyer lined up for it. Does anyone know how I can find a buyer for this?

Hello Maleek,

To insure you get compensated on the deal, you'll want to first get the hotel under contract. I am not sure about Newport News but in my market, you'll need 5-10% of the purchase price to get the deal in contract.

Without a contract or a Real Estate license in VA, it could be a waste of your time to go out looking for a buyer. Reason being, the buyer can just go past you to the seller or seller's representative.

That said, if you're looking for a buyer, BiggerPockets is a great place to start.

Spend some time looking up local investors using the search feature. Here, you'll find recent and older BP posts from members in/around Newport News. 

Lastly, if this is a good deal, you might want to add some details on this post here to entice people to DM you.

All the best!

Abel

User Stats

Votes
Keona Hunt
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Jun 5 2024, 07:03

Hi! I’m an investor agent in the area as well. We should definitely connect and I could see if I have any buyers interested in it as well

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.