Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Need Buyer Now!

Posted

There is a hotel in Newport News Va and I’m looking to wholesale it but I have no buyer lined up for it. Does anyone know how I can find a buyer for this?

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied
Quote from @Maleek Richardson:

There is a hotel in Newport News Va and I’m looking to wholesale it but I have no buyer lined up for it. Does anyone know how I can find a buyer for this?

Hello Maleek,

To insure you get compensated on the deal, you'll want to first get the hotel under contract. I am not sure about Newport News but in my market, you'll need 5-10% of the purchase price to get the deal in contract.

Without a contract or a Real Estate license in VA, it could be a waste of your time to go out looking for a buyer. Reason being, the buyer can just go past you to the seller or seller's representative.

That said, if you're looking for a buyer, BiggerPockets is a great place to start.

Spend some time looking up local investors using the search feature. Here, you'll find recent and older BP posts from members in/around Newport News. 

Lastly, if this is a good deal, you might want to add some details on this post here to entice people to DM you.

All the best!

Abel

User Stats

Votes
Keona Hunt
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied

Hi! I’m an investor agent in the area as well. We should definitely connect and I could see if I have any buyers interested in it as well

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.