Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Tyriek Hull
Votes |
First wholesale deal

Tyriek Hull
Posted

Hello,

I’ve done two flips but haven’t worked with a wholesaler before. I have a deal I am considering which brings me to my question. I’ve used the same realtor who has been pretty awesome both properties went under contract within a week he’s listed for me. He’s thorough and with me being new to a wholesaler my question is; 

Should i let him be apart of the deal with wholesaler? Do realtors work lower commissions since he’s just there to oversee the deal and paperwork? 

My plan for property is to rent after rehab which the same realtor has a property management company we’ve discussed using. 

Thanks everyone 

User Stats

Votes
Preston Dean
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied

Hi @Tyriek Hull You can 100% buy the property without you realtor for a wholesale deal. The agent wont be able to provide you much other than support since its a wholesale deal.

If you want to include your agent in on the fun just throw a 1% fee their way and just let them do the rest.

UNITED REAL ESTATE | DFW Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tyriek Hull
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Preston Dean:

Hi @Tyriek Hull You can 100% buy the property without you realtor for a wholesale deal. The agent wont be able to provide you much other than support since its a wholesale deal.

If you want to include your agent in on the fun just throw a 1% fee their way and just let them do the rest.

Awesome, thanks for responding. I may do that because he has already been working with me analyzing the deal. Thanks 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Smythe
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Replied

@Tyriek Hull most important is getting title insurance and closing with a Warranty Deed, not a Quit Claim Deed.

Only reasons to use agent:

1) Leverage their knowledge and they may save you serious mistake
2) Someone has to do the paperwork!

Good luck.