• Real Estate Agent
  • Iloilo
Votes |
Transitioning My Real Estate Career from the Philippines to California

Anais Gimeno
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Iloilo
Posted May 17 2024, 18:42

I'm a licensed real estate broker in the Philippines, and I will be moving to California next year. I have the credentials and licenses to demonstrate my qualifications and standing, but I am unsure how to start my journey in the U.S. real estate market. Could you guide me on how to transition my career, the necessary documents I need to bring from the Philippines, and what steps I need to take to sell properties in California?

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento/Placer ~ San Francisco Bay Area counties
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied May 19 2024, 01:26

@Anais Gimeno

To transition your license next year the DRE in CA can assist you with all questions you have: https://www.dre.ca.gov/

To tell you the truth CA does not offer any reciprocity with out of state real estate licenses...

Good luck....

• Real Estate Agent CA (#01858403)

• 1-415-786-6700

User Stats

Votes
Anais Gimeno
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Iloilo
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Iloilo
Replied May 19 2024, 01:37

Indeed, you're correct. I was browsing through San Bernardino State University's Real Estate Degree Program and noticed that some subjects align with those I've studied here in the Philippines. If I decide to pursue my studies there to obtain a license, do you think my completed subjects would be credited toward obtaining the license? Additionally, I'm open to training as an agent while pursuing my degree. Considering the license and credentials I possess in the Philippines, do you think I could leverage them to apply to realty firms?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Pedroza
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied May 26 2024, 00:37
Quote from @Anais Gimeno:

Indeed, you're correct. I was browsing through San Bernardino State University's Real Estate Degree Program and noticed that some subjects align with those I've studied here in the Philippines. If I decide to pursue my studies there to obtain a license, do you think my completed subjects would be credited toward obtaining the license? Additionally, I'm open to training as an agent while pursuing my degree. Considering the license and credentials I possess in the Philippines, do you think I could leverage them to apply to realty firms?

You'll have to contact the CA DRE for an answer to your question...

• Real Estate Agent CA (#01858403)

• 1-415-786-6700