• NJ
Votes |
FHA Construction to Permanent Loan (NJ)

Abby Flynn
  • New to Real Estate
  • NJ
Posted Apr 18 2024, 12:46

Hellloooo BP community,

I recently moved back home to NJ and have been on the hunt for my first property. While I am fine renting while I search for the right investment, my dream would be to build (for my own personal home). I recently came across this "FHA construction to permanent Loan" option which seems almost too good to be true, so I wanted to get some input on how this works and where I might be able to find a lender. What are typical down payment requirements? Are there any property conditions that would prohibit approval of this loan? What does this process look like overall?

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Apr 19 2024, 14:11

We offer product like this and it can be a very arduous task. Down payments are still standard for FHA or conventional (3.5% of the total cost, purchase+construction) and rates are on par with standard FHA rates. The issue is that these loans undergo significant underwriting and can take up to 60 days to close which most sellers may not tolerate. Still doable, just a much longer process!!

Atlas Mortgage Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Abby Flynn
  • New to Real Estate
  • NJ
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • NJ
Replied Apr 22 2024, 13:09

very helpful. Thank you!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Ross
Lender
  • Lender
  • Henderson, NV
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Henderson, NV
Replied May 4 2024, 00:36

Hey Abby,

I am a Mortgage Branch Manager and my team specializes in working with investors. We have a couple of construction products that are really great and we could definitely help you out!  Overall, there are a lot of nuances and a few questions we would have to confirm to be sure we were setting you up with the best program for you.  We welcome the opportunity to connect and provide a free consultation, if that interests you.  

If so, please schedule a time with me below and we can connect.

https://bit.ly/Meet--David

Sincerely,

David Ross

Cardinal Financial Logo