Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
Columbus Spam Solution - Why doesn't the Columbus Cartel use the Classifieds?

• Real Estate Broker
Posted May 21 2024, 04:47

Recently there has been a lot of talk about how friggin' annoying the spam from the Columbus Cartel is. You know, that group of like 20 college kids who scream about Columbus, Ohio being the single greatest place on earth ALL. DAY. EVERY. DAY.

I'd like to know why the Columbus Cartel isn't utilizing the Classifieds section here on BP? BP allows every user to shamelessly promote themselves with 2 ads every single day. In years past this was called the "Marketplace" and you had to be a paid pro member to do this. Now it's totally free for any BP member to post there. Myself, I drop 2 ads every day. Yet, while I am in there every single day I never see any of the Columbus Cartel kids in there. I see no action from the Columbus Cartel there at all. 

Ya'll don't gotta sound like a bunch of ChatGPT spam machines in the forums when there is a location for you to knock out your marketing on a daily basis. I know many of the Columbus Cartel kids look up to me as a father figure, so my fatherly advice is to jump in the Classified pool ya'll. The water is warm, you'll love it and so will the rest of the BP members.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 21 2024, 19:18
Quote from @James Wise:

Recently there has been a lot of talk about how friggin' annoying the spam from the Columbus Cartel is. You know, that group of like 20 college kids who scream about Columbus, Ohio being the single greatest place on earth ALL. DAY. EVERY. DAY.

I'd like to know why the Columbus Cartel isn't utilizing the Classifieds section here on BP? BP allows every user to shamelessly promote themselves with 2 ads every single day. In years past this was called the "Marketplace" and you had to be a paid pro member to do this. Now it's totally free for any BP member to post there. Myself, I drop 2 ads every day. Yet, while I am in there every single day I never see any of the Columbus Cartel kids in there. I see no action from the Columbus Cartel there at all. 

Ya'll don't gotta sound like a bunch of ChatGPT spam machines in the forums when there is a location for you to knock out your marketing on a daily basis. I know many of the Columbus Cartel kids look up to me as a father figure, so my fatherly advice is to jump in the Classified pool ya'll. The water is warm, you'll love it and so will the rest of the BP members.

I laughed out loud at this hahaha

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied May 22 2024, 05:10
Quote from @Robert Ellis:
Quote from @James Wise:

What can I say, I'm a funny guy. More importantly, are you gonna up your game and start using the Classifieds to make your pitch there big dawg?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 25 2024, 18:51
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Robert Ellis:
Quote from @James Wise:

What can I say, I'm a funny guy. More importantly, are you gonna up your game and start using the Classifieds to make your pitch there big dawg?

I do twice a week 3 times a week most of our capital doesn't come from soliciting on classifieds