How to engage with previous customers ?

How to engage with previous customers ?

Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 56 posts · 33 votes

I was wondering, how a real estate agent keep up with their old leds. I see my agent keep sending some random newsletters that mostly don’t add value. Although I still remember her, because she is in my inbox ever 3 months or so. Then if I were to list I would probably call her and not the other in my region.

How are you, agent, making sure you get those re-listings? Or is this just a small market that it is better going after new leds instead?

Thoughts ?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
4y

That's basic to put old clients on a regular email drip list to get boring stuff. You should be marking down their house purchase anniversary and their birthdays and their kids' birthdays and sending notes on those, not on the dumb holidays. Who needs another Happy 4th of July email? I would specifically not use an agent who only followed up with automated BS.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y

    That's basic to put old clients on a regular email drip list to get boring stuff. You should be marking down their house purchase anniversary and their birthdays and their kids' birthdays and sending notes on those, not on the dumb holidays. Who needs another Happy 4th of July email? I would specifically not use an agent who only followed up with automated BS.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Arthur Neves:

    I was wondering, how a real estate agent keep up with their old leds. I see my agent keep sending some random newsletters that mostly don’t add value. Although I still remember her, because she is in my inbox ever 3 months or so. Then if I were to list I would probably call her and not the other in my region.

    How are you, agent, making sure you get those re-listings? Or is this just a small market that it is better going after new leds instead?

    Thoughts ?

    The really good agents use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to stay in contact with customers. This software allows them to track information on the client (age, children, birthday, anniversary, purchase information, etc.). The agent can place them in different "tracks" depending on who the client is. For example, if they get a strong buyer lead that is prequalified and interested in buying within 90 days, they will be put in Track A and receive regular emails, calls, texts, or whatever is necessary to nurture that lead until they purchase something. A former buyer won't in the market to buy another house for 3-5 years, so they may go into Track D where they are emailed or mailed every 3-6 months and then called once a year.

    The point is for the software to maintain contact with clients so the agent is always "front of mind" when the individual decides to buy or sell. As you can see with your agent, it works. 85% of clients say they would use the same agent for their next purchase, but only around 25% actually do because their agent loses contact and the client goes with someone new that they saw on a billboard or heard on the radio.


    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @Arthur Neves:

    I was wondering, how a real estate agent keep up with their old leds. I see my agent keep sending some random newsletters that mostly don’t add value. Although I still remember her, because she is in my inbox ever 3 months or so. Then if I were to list I would probably call her and not the other in my region.

    How are you, agent, making sure you get those re-listings? Or is this just a small market that it is better going after new leds instead?

    Thoughts ?

    The really good agents use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to stay in contact with customers. This software allows them to track information on the client (age, children, birthday, anniversary, purchase information, etc.). The agent can place them in different "tracks" depending on who the client is. For example, if they get a strong buyer lead that is prequalified and interested in buying within 90 days, they will be put in Track A and receive regular emails, calls, texts, or whatever is necessary to nurture that lead until they purchase something. A former buyer won't in the market to buy another house for 3-5 years, so they may go into Track D where they are emailed or mailed every 3-6 months and then called once a year.

    The point is for the software to maintain contact with clients so the agent is always "front of mind" when the individual decides to buy or sell. As you can see with your agent, it works. 85% of clients say they would use the same agent for their next purchase, but only around 25% actually do because their agent loses contact and the client goes with someone new that they saw on a billboard or heard on the radio.


    That's a good idea. Do you know any low cost good CRM software / services for someone new in the field ?
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y

    One thing I do is provide price updates.   I'm not a fan of most of the marketing stuff people send out.

    However if you are sending me prices in my neighborhood periodically I always want to know what the house down the street sold for.....

    If worse comes to worse, like for buyers that never bought, or potentially sellers that are way way way down the road, sometimes I will send out "fun" listings.  Like ...I saw the ugliest home in town today.....here it is....can you believe the price on this one?....type stuff.....or the 150 year old treasure hand built by craftsmen from Germany....or celebrity homes for sale.   Listings like that.   Sometimes that sparks a conversation or call from people.

    $1 or $2 bill for their birthday or holiday or anniversary should help them remember you....more than an email or plain card.....I mean who gets handwritten notes any more.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.