Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Votes |
HUD Property Condition Report//Summary .......

Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Posted

Good Morning,

I was looking through a few HUD listed properties last night that are for sell in my area , and I was reading through the Property condition report/summary documents , and am a bit confused by what they mean.

For instance:

The Property Condition Report shows that there is NOT a Dishwasher present , as well as stains in the Bath Tub that can NOT be removed

The Property Condition Summary shows ( via Escrow description ), that there is some needed Plumbing to be done ( $300 ).  Wood that needs repaired ( $300 ). Some painting ( $300 ) .  Repair wood and paint ( $1,000 ) .

Total Escrow Amount = $1,900

110% of Total Escrow Amount = $2,090

My questions please are...

1. Who is allowed to make these recommended Escrow repairs .... can I my self pay out of my own pocket for these repairs, and thus avoid having to use a 203K loan ?

And by paying for the repairs out of my own pocket..... this would allow me to ourchase this property as an Investor vs an O.O. correct ?

2. In the  Property Condition Report it mentioned there not being a dishwasher, as well as stains that can NOT be removed from the tub .

Since these seem like Mandatory things that must be fixed , in order for the house to pass and meet FHA standards, why then weren't these included in the Property Condition Summary , with the plumbing, wood repair and painting ?

There will HAVE TO be a new dishwasher put in , as well as a new tub put it ( or re-done ) before the houses passes , correct ?

So all in all, with the Required escrow repairs/totals and the dishwasher and tub ..... I'd be looking at about $3,000 to have everything completed and up to FHA guidelines ?

And I could purchase this property as an Investor ( by putting 20% down ) ,and also by paying for these repairs ( $3000 ) out of my own pocket ? By paying for the repairs myself, can I get around not having to hire it out and thus being able to do the repairs myself ?

Thanks so much, as always , really appreciate the help I receive on this site.

Loading replies...