Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kade T. Brunson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Enterprise, AL 36330
Votes |
How can a college student, with very little money, get started?

Kade T. Brunson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Enterprise, AL 36330
Posted

I am a college student with only a couple thousand dollars in savings (and I do not have any student loans to pay off), but how could I start getting involved in real estate? I am studying for an engineering degree, so I know I’m not going to be able to put a lot of time and effort into it yet, but any advice on how to begin learning and meeting people is very much appreciated (and hopefully there are others in a similar situation who could learn from this discussion, as well).

User Stats

Votes
Ben Rutkowski
  • Contractor
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Syracuse, NY
Replied

Learn to negotiate contract clauses like a beast and never pay for anything outta pocket ever again. GLHF. @Kade T. Brunson

User Stats

Votes
Steven Zamorano
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles
Replied

@Pride Davis

I do love the response. I would have to get more inside the mind of the seller. Find out what will motivate the seller to take the deal.

I appreciate you giving your insights on this.

Thank You

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Casey C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indiana
Replied

@Pride Davis Yes I have. I bought my 1st two duplexes with seller financing on contract and the 3rd duplex I bought this year with FHA 30 year fixed loan with 3.5% downpayment. I'm living in my 3rd duplex currently. With FHA, you have to live there for a year.