Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$69.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Francis Bediako
Votes |
Recent Graduate - Passionate about RE development and STR/LTR

Francis Bediako
Posted

Hello everyone,

While I’m not entirely new to this community, I haven’t been very active in posting on this forum. Over time, I’ve been quietly absorbing knowledge from the talented individuals here. Now, I’m reaching out to this circle of experts to seek guidance for my future endeavors and aspirations.

I'm a 22-year-old recent graduate from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. My educational background includes a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in finance, a commercial real estate certificate, and a minor in building construction and project management, with a focus on energy-efficient housing. Additionally, I hold a real estate agent license in the state of Massachusetts. My passion lies in real estate development, particularly in the realms of short-term rentals (STR) and long-term rentals (LTR). However, I understand that achieving these goals is a gradual process—one that requires patience, diligence, and a stable foundation.

The allure of “financial freedom” and “passive income” often captivates new investors. These phrases conjure visions of an ideal lifestyle, but the reality is far more nuanced. Having witnessed firsthand the pitfalls of hasty investments based on vague information, I recognize that this journey isn’t as straightforward as it seems. Last year, I shared my ambition in this forum to house-hack my first property using the $30,000 I had accumulated through years of investing. Yet, as I closely monitor the current housing market, I realize that stability and thorough due diligence are paramount before taking ownership. Securing a stable income seems like the priority before locking down on a home. 

Today, I turn to this community in search of mentors and potential job opportunities. I know that I am not the first one to make a post like this so I understand how bringing value to the table can differentiate me from someone else in a similar situation. I'd love to connect with the community and others highlighting my strengths and sharing the knowledge and experience I’ve gained.

User Stats

Votes
Randall Alan
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Lakeland, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Lakeland, FL
Replied

@Francis Bediako

I would look to connect with your local real estate investment group.  You will be able to rub shoulders with like minded people and find mentors local to you that will be willing to help you out.  The online community is always here to answer questions as well,  

I’m not quite sure your definition of a job opportunity is in your post?  Maybe you mean to be able to partner with people?  Having your license gives you the ability to leverage your commission in helping people purchase their acquisitions… that might be one thought for you?  Could be a form of equity you could bring to the table in partnering - in addition to cash you could throw in your purchase / sales commission as a form of equity in the deal. I  don’t know the ins and outs there… but it might be worth investigating?

All the best!

Randy 

• Randall Alan
  • User Stats

Votes
    River Sava
    Pro Member
    #1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
    • Lender
    • USA
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    #1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
    • Lender
    • USA
    Replied

Hey Francis, 

Welcome to the community! Congrats on recently graduating. I am from Newburyport if you know the area, and have plenty of connections at Amherst. 

I would love to connect with you. Feel free to send me a DM and we can find time to chat! 

• River Sava
  • [email protected]
  • Baselane logo
    Baselane
    |
    Sponsored
    Baselane is the Ultimate All-In-One Banking Platform for REI Built with integrated rent collection & bookkeeping to save time so you can grow your RE business.