Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Denise MacDonald
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
Dallas Neighborhoods B/C Class Unpacked.

Denise MacDonald
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Posted Jul 17 2024, 23:55

Hi BB Forum,

We are interested to learn and get input on B/C class neighborhoods in Dallas where we can action the following:

- Wholesale (Stage 1)

- Fix/Flip (Stage 2)

- BRRRR (Stage 2)

- Buy/Hold (Stage 3)

We are out of state investors looking at the best market/neighborhoods to have longevity in. Would really like any insights you all may have on the potential (if you have worked in them) in these markets and if you feel there is opportunity in all 4 stages of our strategy. If so, what neighborhoods do you think have most potential? We are looking at B/C class neighborhoods where there are investors flipping and there is some room for growth. Also, if you are a potential buyer, it would be very interesting to hear from you.

We are working with a coach and have great tools for moving forward and really excited to get cranking. Just wanted to get a pulse from this amazing community on market potenital in Dallas and specific neighborhoods, etc.

As a side note, if you work in Dallas as a cash buyer, investor, title company, realtor, property manager and are investor friendly, feel free to reach out!

All the best to you all and your journeys.

Denise & Joanna

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#4 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jul 18 2024, 05:19

WHY Dallas? My understanding is that its very expensive and if you are lucky, you will get maybe 2, 4% a year 

BTW do you have about 300 -500k in cash? 

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 18 2024, 05:33

Dallas MMA is huge.

I mean really huge.

It's bigger than Rhode Island and Connecticut combined.

It's bigger than New Jersey.

You might want to research the area a little more and narrow down a geographical region within Dallas.

You're asking a very granular question on an enormous amount of real estate space.

I wouldn't even know how many neighborhoods are in Dallas MMA, there must be tons and tons of them compared to other cities.

In some areas the roads are filled with Bentleys and Rolls Royces.

In other areas you have to post a guard on your car to keep someone from sliding underneath with a hack saw and cutting the catalytic converter off.

Good Luck!

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/catalytic-converter-thieves-targeting-certain-vehicles-as-thefts-increase/3061977/

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
Bruce Lynn#2 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Jul 18 2024, 10:21

I'd look at Sherman/Denison which is about 45 minutes north of the main DFW metroplex.  High growth area with many demand drivers and still plenty of homes to rehab.  

Plenty of competition in the area as with all areas, but you potentially can find opportunity here.

I might also look at someplace like Decatur, Azle, Springtown.  This is area north and northwest of Ft. Worth.   Also on the edge of growth, but everything has not gone crazy yet.

User Stats

Votes
Denise MacDonald
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 18 2024, 11:50

@Scott Mac I realize that, but most investors and realtors I know in other markets have their finger on the pulse in their city and/or state and know or have an incling as to what neighborhoods are going to pop or likely have the best upswing.  I have done some research and reached out to my network and recieved some recommendations, but I feel like this community is active daily. so up to date stats and knowledge would be valid to consider also. Thank you for your views. 

@Bruce LynnThank you for your input! You provide a great list for me to continue researching.  I really appreciate you for doing that and providing your rational.