New to Real Estate · Central Maine · Member since 2023 · 22 posts · 7 votes
I'm a new investor in my area and looking forward to this year. Part of my strategy, as everyone's, is to expand my network. As such I've hosted one small real estate meet up for local folks. What's your opinion for the small gatherings? Do you think they're worth the time and effort of setting up a regular thing or no?
Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2024 · 54 posts · 43 votes
2y
Have you checked into whether or not there is a meetup already established in your area? If so, you might be better off going to one of them unless organizing events is in your skillset.
Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 967 posts · 445 votes
2y
Hi Sarah,
Meetups are great for building long term connections. If you go to/host the same one every week, even better. I would also check to see if there are meetups already on websites like BiggerPockets, Meetup.com and Facebook.
Have you checked into whether or not there is a meetup already established in your area? If so, you might be better off going to one of them unless organizing events is in your skillset.
That's a great question Chris. Yes, I have looked into it and the nearest one is over an hour away. So I would be the one who would need to organize meet ups locally. There is interest and I know we could build a community. I'm just not sure I want to take on that chore every month, even though I'm capable of it. Just trying to decide how much to take on right now.
Meetups are great for building long term connections. If you go to/host the same one every week, even better. I would also check to see if there are meetups already on websites like BiggerPockets, Meetup.com and Facebook.
Hi Ko,
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check out a few more online resources.