How can a 16 year make connections with other investors?

How can a 16 year make connections with other investors?

New to Real Estate · Salem, VA · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 3 votes

I've been reading up on real estate books for about 7 months now(if you have any to recommend, that would be great), and I feel like it's important to make as many connections before I hit 18. Is it as simple as just shooting messages at people or should I go about a system?

0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Zanesville, OH · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 78 votes
4y

@Korey Harmon

Join a meet up

Approach PM companies or RE brokerages with something to offer to them just to get in and rub elbows. Posting 3 day notices, answering the phone, hell just lunch runs or just take the trash out. Connections will fall in your lap.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Korey Harmon:

    I've been reading up on real estate books for about 7 months now(if you have any to recommend, that would be great), and I feel like it's important to make as many connections before I hit 18. Is it as simple as just shooting messages at people or should I go about a system?


     You are a smart man. Taking action now is the best thing you can do. Take a look at NationalREIA.org and find a group in your area to join. Our group costs $20 a month, so be careful to not over pay.

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    4y

    Recommend: "Your money or your life", Vicky Robin/Joe Dominguez

    Recommend: "The E-Myth"

    Recommend: "The Millionaire Next Door"

    Recommend" "The Richest Man in Babylon"

    Beyond that: get a job in the trades as a helper, go-fer, whatever. You'll learn a lot, make some money, and get to know contractors and who they use in the business. 

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Go to as many meet ups and network as much as possible 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Korey Harmon:

    I've been reading up on real estate books for about 7 months now(if you have any to recommend, that would be great), and I feel like it's important to make as many connections before I hit 18. Is it as simple as just shooting messages at people or should I go about a system?


    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area

    If you're fired up and have half a brain, you can do work for experienced investors in exchange for knowledge/experience. If I had a fired up kid, I would be happy to use their labor in exchange for a few hours each week talking to them, letting them shadow me, etc.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Zanesville, OH · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 78 votes
    4y

    @Korey Harmon

    Join a meet up

    Approach PM companies or RE brokerages with something to offer to them just to get in and rub elbows. Posting 3 day notices, answering the phone, hell just lunch runs or just take the trash out. Connections will fall in your lap.

  • Rental Property Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    Korey, there is a free monthly meetup at Twisted Brew Pub on Shenandoah Ave. The last Wednesday of every month. We meet in the the glass walled meeting room to the right of the front entrance at 6:00 pm. I’ve not missed one yet but it only takes me 5 minutes to get there.

    There is a weekly meeting at Jersey Lilly’s in Salem at 6:30 pm. The first meeting is free then $5 each time you go. A lot of people show up at 6:00 and order food. It’s easier to talk with others if you are there early. There is a different speaker each week. Join the Facebook page Roanoke Real Estate Educational Group. This one is very educational but I only make it there from time to time since it takes 20 minutes to get there and my W2 job requires a lot of late days.

    Good luck!!

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 716 posts · 313 votes
    4y

    Try to hook up a BIG fish be willing to hire you to do manual labor jobs clean gutters ,mow etc... at a small discount see and listen to the operation get your hands dirty doing this will give you many insights .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.