Looking for Wholesale Friendly Title Company in Sacramento, CA

Looking for Wholesale Friendly Title Company in Sacramento, CA

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello all, I was looking for a wholesale friendly title company in Sacramento, CA that can complete double closings and assignment of contracts. If you have any recomendations or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. 

Thanks in advance

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 30 votes
5y

Hi Glenn and Matt,

Finding a wholesaler-friendly escrow agent is likely going to be more helpful. 

You can work with different escrow agents within the same title company and it can be night and day difference. Personal opinions on how things should be done as well as work ethic can vary greatly depending on the escrow agent you use. 

What I recommend is to look up highly-rated title company offices in California (doesn't have to be Sacramento), ask to speak with a senior escrow agent, and then asking them if they've personally done work on assignments, creative financing deals, double closes, etc. 

If they don't know what you mean or haven't had much experience, keep asking around.

A good wholesale friendly escrow agent will immediately know what you're talking about and give you confidence that they'll get things done.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cordova, CA · Member since 2020 · 111 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    Hey Glenn,

    Did you ever find one? I'm looking for the same.

  • Specialist · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    Hi Glenn and Matt,

    Finding a wholesaler-friendly escrow agent is likely going to be more helpful. 

    You can work with different escrow agents within the same title company and it can be night and day difference. Personal opinions on how things should be done as well as work ethic can vary greatly depending on the escrow agent you use. 

    What I recommend is to look up highly-rated title company offices in California (doesn't have to be Sacramento), ask to speak with a senior escrow agent, and then asking them if they've personally done work on assignments, creative financing deals, double closes, etc. 

    If they don't know what you mean or haven't had much experience, keep asking around.

    A good wholesale friendly escrow agent will immediately know what you're talking about and give you confidence that they'll get things done.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cordova, CA · Member since 2020 · 111 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Cody Lee Thank you very much. This makes a lot of sense.

  • Investor · El Dorado Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Laurie Hodgkins at Allied in Folsom.

  • Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cordova, CA · Member since 2020 · 111 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Joe Bertolino Thank you much!

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Thanks for the info

  • Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @Matt Huber, @Joe Bertolino, @Glenn Eugene....it looks like Laurie Hodgkins is now working with Orange Coast Title.  I also think that the Roseville office of Stewart Title is used by local investors here in Sacramento.

  • Realtor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2022 · 58 posts · 41 votes
    3y

    Orange Coast title agents are typically very good with investors, so that is where I usually recommend investors to go

  • Investor · Sacramento CA / Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello all, I"m working on finding my first wholesale deal, but want to make sure I have the right systems in place. How do you go about contacting and what to say to someone like Laurie Hodgkins when you get a deal undercontract?  Thank you.

  • Adam MaciasPro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2022 · 285 posts · 178 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nicole Webber:

    Hello all, I"m working on finding my first wholesale deal, but want to make sure I have the right systems in place. How do you go about contacting and what to say to someone like Laurie Hodgkins when you get a deal undercontract?  Thank you.


     What always works best when speaking to title companies is being honest about your intentions. "I'm looking for an investor friendly title company, you were referred to me as a great resource for me to transact assignments and wholesale deals to." Something like that. I know because when I started I acted like the buyer of course and they came to be for everything when starting title work because they thought I was the end buyer and it caused tons of miscommunication. Most title companies love wholesalers because we do the most deals with them on a repeat basis.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.