My 1st Drive for $$ experience....

My 1st Drive for $$ experience....

Real Estate Investor · Ypsilanti, MI · Member since 2011 · 98 posts · 6 votes

Hey guys,

Did my first Drive for $$ and got down like 10 property addresses that looked vacant or abandoned. Some questions came to my mind while I was driving around so I figure I ask the vets.

1) When they say target area and categorize it by crime area, tax assessed value and so on, is there a way to categorize it online? How does one look up such stats?
2) How does one pick there target area?
3) Every abandoned house or vacant property, should I put a lockbox on it?
4) Is there a way to highlight streets online or such program that shows what areas, I have covered so I don't drive back on it and waste gas or time?

Thank you :)

0Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2009 · 85 posts · 23 votes
    13y

    1) Check out a website called city-data http://www.city-data.com/ and see if it can give you some demographics.

    2) For target areas, start in neighborhoods nearby that you have knowledge about. You know the values of the houses, square feet, construction, etc.

    3) I see no need to lock-box any house that you have not contracted.

    4) What I do is print out a Google map of the area I'm driving, and highlight the streets where I have been.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.