Building a Buyer's List

Building a Buyer's List

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have been reading books and listening to a lot of Biggerpockets podcasts about real estate wholesaling and the hardest thing for me to do before I dig in is building a buyer's list. I don't want to walk into this without having a list of investors I can approach when I find a good deal. My plan right now is to get a list going before I start taking contracts to sellers to save me a little bit of trouble. So, my question is what are some useful ways to build a buyer's list right now? It seems harder now than it would have been last year before COVID hit as there aren't any real estate events going on where I can go and network with other people in person. I'm thinking maybe finding some facebook groups in my area might be one way to go about this. Any feedback or advice helps!

Thanks,

Weston

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Miller McSwainPro Member
    Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 261 posts · 233 votes
    5y

    I wouldn't worry too much about a buyers list. If you find a truly great deal, then the buyers will come. There are likely dozens of investors in your market that are looking to pour some cash into a great deal.

    That being said, you should still start building relationships with investors while you market for great deals, but I wouldn't let the lack of robust relationships keep you from getting started. 

    To start building some of these relationships, I think local Facebook groups are a great idea! Also, set up keyword alerts for your city on BiggerPockets. With these enabled, you will get a notification everytime someone posts about your city. Connect with these people and talk with them consistently. 

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.