When do the occupants move out in a wholesale deal?

When do the occupants move out in a wholesale deal?

Renter · KY · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 15 votes

When do the occupants move out in a wholesale deal?

0Reply
9 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    13y

    Why do you want them to?

  • Renter · KY · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    Renovate, any reason.

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    If I'm buying the property, I require the occupants be out before close of escrow.

  • Renter · KY · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 15 votes
    13y

    Should that be in the contract?

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by David Littleton:
    Should that be in the contract?

    Ideally it would, if that's how the end buyer wants the property delivered (i.e. vacant).

    When I'm the buyer, I want the property vacant at least a couple days before close of escrow so I can do a final walk-thru. Plus I don't normally like inheriting tenants.

    However, it might depend on what the end buyer wants. I know another investor that, more often then not, allows the current occupants to stay on as tenants (assuming they meet his criteria). It's worked out well so far for him.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    13y

    Yes, then put it the contract. Inspect prior to closing. But that uually means buying at the end of the lease unless the tenant is willing to move on. :)

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    It took a while for anyone to get to this important point, but as Bill pointed out, you can't kick the tenants out until their contract/lease is up...

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Good point by J Scott and Bill Gulley if it's tenant-occupied.

    If it's owner-occupied it shouldn't be an issue. Just come to an agreement and/or work something out with the owner/seller. For that matter, you can usually work something out with a tenant too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.