I'm finally ready to start my wholesaling business! Well, almost...

I'm finally ready to start my wholesaling business! Well, almost...

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 0 votes

I've finally decided to take the first steps necessary to start a business with a focus on wholesaling houses. In the future, I'd love to do rehab projects; some I'll sell, some I'll rent.

But anyway, I'd love an expert's critique of what I've done so far, as well as what I plan to do ASAP.

- Established an LLC. with the state of Georgia.

- Purchased domain names; two for buyer squeeze pages, two for seller squeeze pages, one for LLC.

- Set up Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ for the LLC.

- Followed more than 500 other people (on each social networking platform) who work in real estate, most in REI.

- Began preliminary work on creating all five websites (focusing on the buyer squeeze pages, so I can gather a solid buyers list before putting a property under contract) but it turns out that I'm not too good at the technical side of things, so I think I'm going to hire someone on Fiverr to put everything together. I'll start writing up the content, and he/she can just copy and paste. Is it a good idea to hire someone internationally to do the work for cheap? The reviews I'm seeing are all excellent.

- Designed company logo for business cards, letterhead, etc. At this point, I'm only going to order business cards.

- Started figuring out how to use Listsource correctly. I compiled a list in the area I'm targeting (LOTS of houses that investors would LOVE to get their hands on) and am using the following criteria: 40-100% equity, 01/01/1900-01/01/2006 last market sale date, SFR, mailing and property address complete, exclude corporate owned, absentee owned in-state, absentee owned out-of-state, exclude trustee-owned. I'm getting a list of about 700. Is this a good sized list that I can begin my marketing with? If this list sounds good, I plan on purchasing it.

- Started narrowing down my marketing ideas. I plan on writing my first 200 or so letters, and then sending on the rest with a company who can do that for me.

- Signed up for a Google Voice account to use for calls from potential sellers. I plan on letting all of the calls go to voicemail, but systematically check it throughout the day just so I can screen out all of the unmotivated people. I'll be able to call people right back from the Google Voice too, so I can already start running comps, finding the property on a map, etc. when I"m on the phone. I'll call them back once I've finalized the numbers and set up a time to meet or at least see the property.

- Found an investor friendly title company.

This week/weekend, I plan on getting everything figured out for the websites, as well as compiling a more narrowed down buyers list. I'll probably give a few investors a call to see specifically what types of properties they're interested in.

I also want to figure out how I'm going to get the websites set up. I'll look more at Fiverr; I like that some people on there ONLY build squeeze pages. I need to find someone to set up a company homepage that can somehow incorporate a blog, in which I can post recent listings, real estate news, commentary, etc.

Do you think I'm on the right track? I want to finish all of this startup-type work in two or three weeks time, so I can start getting down to business. My goal is to have my first check by May 8th, but maybe sooner!

As always, thank you,
Simon

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 168 votes
13y

Great job getting everything together - you are very thorough. One CRITICAL element for your business is networking. Do you have contracts, etc?

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 405 posts · 168 votes
    13y

    Great job getting everything together - you are very thorough. One CRITICAL element for your business is networking. Do you have contracts, etc?

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Oh yeah, I forgot about that! I need to get contracts! Is it possible to order them online, or should I go to Office Depot or something?

  • Peoria, AZ · Member since 2012 · 51 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Simon, thanks for sharing the steps you've taken, I just registered my domain and now I'm working on the LLC vs. DBA question. I've got to try and catch up, you're moving fast!

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Richard Low:
    Simon, thanks for sharing the steps you've taken, I just registered my domain and now I'm working on the LLC vs. DBA question. I've got to try and catch up, you're moving fast!

    Really?! I feel like I'm moving very slowly! Too bad there aren't enough hours in the day...

    I'm really hoping to be done with all of this by March 1st so I can start aggressively pursuing deals! I feel like 2013 is going to be a good year for me; I've already made some big changes and I plan to follow through on them!

    Just thought of another question; are there any products that experienced investors would think valuable enough to recommend to a newbie? Also, is there any need for me to contact an agent? Should I even involve agents with wholesale deals?

    Thanks!

  • Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2012 · 276 posts · 77 votes
    13y

    Simon K. establishing the right kind of relationships with agents who are dealing with a lot of investors I could see the usefulness of that. Also, maybe able to work a deal where you could negotiate lower commission by saying when I get a property under contract I"m going to email blast it out to all of you if first one with an accepted contract gets 2% or maybe just a flat rate of $1000 or whatever you feel is fair. I just did my first deal where a deal posted on here in the marketplace was put up on here I have a buyer out of Connecticut put the deal in front of them and they jumped on it. I make $1000 just for putting the two together.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.