Investing in Mobile home park

Investing in Mobile home park

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

hi everyone. Is anyone out there investing in mobile home park? (Not a single mobile home but the entire park.) It crossed my mind to invest in one in the near future. Just wanted to know what are the pros and cons. I know there's a stigma that mobile homes are ghetto but that's something fixable. There's also the difficulty to rent the spots since not everyone own a mobile home to park at the lot. My idea is to try to purchase the land where people have their mobile home parked. I definitely do not want to deal with broken appliances, stuck toilets, etc.. In the case I own just the land and people pay me rent to park their mobile home, how would I enforce rent if people revise to pay? I wouldn't be able to evict them from their own home.

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kingsport, TN · Member since 2016 · 412 posts · 254 votes
    7y

    @Filipe Vaz listen to the biggerpockets podcast. I'm pretty sure the most recent guest is in that space. Search "mobile home parks" in the search tab and filter to podcast. There's a couple other guests who operate them.

  • Joshua DiazPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 165 votes
    7y

    @Filipe Vaz

    Definitely listen to the latest podcast.  The guest is Frank Rolfe, the 5th largest owner of mobile home parks in the country. Some really good nuggets of wisdom in there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.