Finding Investors...New Bird Dog Here needing some advise

Finding Investors...New Bird Dog Here needing some advise

Real Estate Investor · Carson City, NV · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am starting to bird dog for a couple investors and I am looking to sell rentals and rehabs. I was told to go out and start networking with investors who are hard money lenders that may know these kinds of investors. One of the interesting factors is that the properties for one investor is out of state. So I am not only just trying to find an investor to by a rental or rehab, but an investor that will buy nationally.
I found Bigger Pockets which I thought was an awesome idea, very focused in on real Estate. I have been looking for investors in my area, found a few, but have not had much luck getting in contact with any. So the forum looked like the next best place. Do any of you seasoned investors have any good tips or advise for a fresh newbie??

Thank You :)

0Reply
8 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2009 · 118 posts · 43 votes
    15y

    Hi. Welcome to the site. You said "looking to sell". So, are planning on actually purchasing the properties and then reselling to the investor? Most bird dogs I know find the good deal and just point the investor to it for a fee. What are your fees by the way?

    The obvious answer is to go to an RE club and stand up and introduce yourself and tell people what you want to do. You should get some cards from this.

    I'd also look through CL and look for the "we buy ugly houses" posts and call them and tell them that you'd like to birddog for them and ask them what they want you to look for.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.