Wentzville, MO · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 5 votes
I have a Missouri LLC partnership with a DBA (2 members). Our bank account is under our DBA name. We are starting to mail and will be putting properties under contract and assigning them to investor-buyers (wholesaling).
What is the proper way to sign the original purchase contract with the seller as our LLC using the DBA name?
Investor · Lee's Summit, MO · Member since 2017 · 81 posts · 37 votes
8y
Thank you. OK, I am watching this one for my similar situation and I don't know the answer. To a bank the DBA, called fictitious name in MO, is a full proxy to the underlying LLC.
Wentzville, MO · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 5 votes
8y
Just to give an update..
A mentor in my network has told me that we would both sign as managing members (or whatever title) of our DBA name. It will match the name on our company bank account. That is essentially the purpose of the DBA.