Someone bought a whole street instead of the properties??

Someone bought a whole street instead of the properties??

Jia LiuPro Member
New to Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 11 votes
I just stumbled upon this article. http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Rich-SF-residents-get-a-shock-Someone-bought-11738236.php It caught me by surprise that you can buy a private street instead of a physical property?? Can someone help explain how that's possible and how this works?? Thanks!
0Reply
7 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    He is going to try to fight 35 well off people. Not a fight I'd want to take on just to make some pocket change on parking. They'll probably drown him in legal battles.

  • Severna Park, MD · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    9y

    I would set up a toll booth . Or since its such a nice street , rent spacer to people who live in RV's .  The residents will eventually buy it from them for a hefty profit . 

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    It's a private street that didn't pay the property tax for something like 30 years... but in reality the dude is going to fight people who are very well connected and can easily outspend him in court. I'd be curious to see what all he is responsible for as a landlord of that street... because things in a street get expensive quick.

  • Jia LiuPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 11 votes
    9y
    I think the wealthy people are going against the city instead the buyer. I still cannot imagine how someone can buy a whole freaking street!!
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    9y

    It's a privately owned street.......and it's not a Whole street, it's Just a street.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.