Wholesaler · Arlington, TX · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
Hello Wholesalers,
We all know that find a motivated seller is not an easy task. But, though I invite you to describe how would be your "perfect" or ideal motivated seller, those you would like to serve and attend, and off course BUY from. We also know that we can not please everyone!
So how old are they? What car they drive? What are their hobbies? With whom do they associate? What do they like to do? What do they talk about? How do they learn? How do they contribute to society? Are they smiling, outgoing, creative, mad? What qualities, values, or personal characteristics they have?
Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 885 votes
9y
@Account Closed You've got it all wrong. There isn't a "profile". They simply have an unplanned need. Fully 10% of all homeowners nationwide at any given time are motivated.
They have a job loss, or are being transferred or have bought a second house and can't afford both, or are in a divorce, or have inherited a house and can't make the payments or are downsizing or are upsizing or are going into assisted living or have been given a new military assignment, or own a house and have gotten married and don't need two houses or are a burned out landlord (they tried "Buy & Hold" and they don't like that type of investment) or they don't like the heat in the summer and want to move or they don't like the cold in the winter and want to move or they miss their family "back home" and it goes on and on. I only do "off market" non MLS motivated seller purchases and I am kept very busy in AZ WA CA TX and I will be adding OK and ID because I like the markets there.
Flipper/Rehabber · Dallas, TX · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 31 votes
9y
Ken Min bump. For sure. It's always usually a 'life situation' that is happening. The most 'motivated' seller I had was so sad. His wife had died like 3yrs prior and he had finally gotten to the point of almost being foreclosed on. He could not afford the house on his own and was just depressed about having to move and all the memories with his wife. He was also very angry at life so he had got in fights with the neighbors who had him kicked out of the hoa. This guy needed help and he would call me and cry. I had to hold his hand through the whole process for six months and he didn't seem relieved at all that I had saved him from foreclosure, he was still depressed about having to close the old chapter
Wholesaler · Arlington, TX · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
9y
Interesting feedback. My point is that we can design a profile because as @Shella Sanders had shared is kinda of a comum situation like that in wholesaling. That guy, I would imagine, is not a 25 years old, that watches Adult Swim listening Drake (I can be wrong!). Off course there is a profile, or at least a pattern profile, age range, habits, hobbies, education, etc. that we can track. They are human beings homeowners.
@Ken Min, where did you get the info that "10% of all homeowners nationwide at any given time are motivated"?