Wholesaling in two different states. Do I need 2 title companies?

Wholesaling in two different states. Do I need 2 title companies?

Memphis, TN · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 11 votes

I live on the Tennessee/Mississippi border, and I will mostly like be wholesaling in both states. Do I need to have one title company in Tennessee to close my TN deals, and one in Mississippi to close my MS deals, or will one company complete transactions in both states?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 940 posts · 695 votes
    9y

    @Drew Byrd - First of all, PM me I'd love to be on your buyer's list!  Secondly, I'd talk to your title companies; there are so many business in this area that do work on the border, I'd bet that you can find one that works on both sides of the  border.

    Keep in touch and Best of Luck!

  • Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 769 votes
    9y

    Using a Real Estate attorney is another possibility, at least in Mississippi. I have done some closes without a Title Company, but never without Title Insurance.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.