First Miami Flip_In need of advice

First Miami Flip_In need of advice

Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello All!

I recently found a potential property that I believe would make for a good first flip. The seller is motivated, and the house is in a great neighborhood. The house is currently listed at $325,000, but the sellers agent mentioned they would take something around $290,000. After running comps within a 1/2 mile radius, I believe the house can sell between $360,000 easily. The issue is as follows:

-Our estimated construction cost are around $60,000 to leave the house TurnKey ready. To give more information, the house is listed as a 3/2, but the "masterbed" is really an enclosed patio area. Its oddly placed, and has a sliding glass door for an entrance. Plus, its the only exit to the backyard. Simply put, the layout is obsolete and in need of restructuring. 

-I am being financed through a hard money leader that with an interest rate of 12% for 70% ARV, which eats a very big chunk of my potential returns. Since I am just starting out, I dont know if I can get better terms, or if I have to accept that these are the conditions for novices starting out.

SO, Im left wondering if these is a deal worth pursuing. I believe I can lower the construction cost and just do cosmetic work, but I wouldn't know how much I can sell the property for with the weird room.

Any and all advice is most welcomed!!

0Reply
24 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Plantation, FL · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 121 votes
    9y

    honestly doesn't sound like a deal IMO.

  • Kuba F.Pro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 694 votes
    9y

    @Octavio Alvarez@Octavio Alvarez based on the things you said and some other assumptions, the max you should pay to make this a deal and get 15% return is $189K.  

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thank you both for your input! It was greatly appreciated! You helped me avoid taking this deal and focus on better opportunities. 

    Kind Regards

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.