Looking to find out more about wholesaling in CT

Looking to find out more about wholesaling in CT

Real Estate Agent · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone I am relatively New to BP, and Real Estate Investing in general.  I've had a duplex since 2013, and for the most out everything has gone well with it.  I eventually would like to buy and hold more property, but right now the funds aren't there.

So in the meantime I've been doing a lot of reading about other ways to invest in RE, more than anything wholesaling.  It just seems easier said than done.  Is there anyone on here that has successfully wholesale property here in Connecticut?  Is there anything I should about wholesaling specifically in CT? 

Thanks,

Carlos

2Reply
10 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 37 votes
    10y

    @Carlos Querido

    Welcome to the forum, there is loads of information on here. Great place to start is the blog, podcasts and webinars.

    A more hands on approach for networking is your local REIA.

    I cannot speak on behalf of any other organization other than Southern CT REIA. If you are willing to make the trip come and join!

    http://soctreia.com/

  • Rental Property Investor · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2013 · 276 posts · 147 votes
    10y
    Welcome to BP. There is a ton of information here for you to explore, just keep reading and asking questions... If you're interested in meeting more local investors the Southern CTReia is great, there is an even better group that meets Wednesday in Fairfield, and then CT Reia is probably the closest for you, they meet in Meriden. There are a few other meet ups in CT that organize here on BP if you search in the events section. Good luck!
  • Real Estate Agent · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    thanks guys definitely will continue to read and learn more and get out there and make some connections 

  • Real Estate Professional · Dayton, OH · Member since 2015 · 423 posts · 187 votes
    10y

    @Carlos Querido

    Thank you for your post.  I am glad to read someone who has read or heard the stuff out there with a critical mind.

    A lot of the material out there about wholesaling is just recirculated material from someone else that has been around for years.  It is beyond dated.  It's the same stuff that I read and was out there 10 years ago.

    I have operated a successful wholesaling business for over 10 years.  Wholesaling isn't hard but like any other business, you have to work at it professionally.  It certainly isn't 1) get a mailing list; 2) send out letters; 3) the money just rolls in.  C'mon.  Does that make sense to anybody?  

    After finding out that it doesn't work like Jack's magic beans, I invested in mentoring from a professional who got me started at a whole level beyond the back and started the cash rolling in.  It was well worth the investment.

  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    10y
  • Real Estate Agent · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I get the concept of finding motivated sellers and investor buyers.  It is just, what is keeping these motivated sellers and investor buyers from going behind your back and working out a deal for themselves?

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur · Bridgeport, CT · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    @Carlos QueridoWell, most cases that will not happen. A savvy investor will not care where the deal is coming from. If you are bringing them a deal, and their numbers work, it would be smart on them to not go behind your back because you are going to be bringing them more deals. Why would they want to ruin their reputation by doing so, especially if more deals are coming their way, its in their best interest. Also, you would have the property under contract before you market to your buyers to really prevent this from happening, so you would legally be allowed to sue them for doing so. 

    Nevertheless, do not worry about little road bumps that try and stop you along your way. Just start doing things and as different situations arise, then figure out a solution. Remember, take the action then learn the lesson. 

    Best of luck. 

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Hey @Carlos Querido - I think you're smart to ask about CT so you become aware of any rules or regulations you must adhere to, but the wholesaling process is pretty much the same everywhere.

    FYI - I have a 3-video "Wholesale Accelerator" course (with sample Purchase and Assignment agreements) that I give to free only to my colleagues here in BP.  Send me a colleague request (w/ your email address) and I'll send you that material. (Pure training, no sales or advertising)  In 2 hours you'll know a LOT more about wholesaling than you do right now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.