Wholesaling, Large Checks, and Civil Asset Forfeiture?

Wholesaling, Large Checks, and Civil Asset Forfeiture?

Jeff G.Pro Member
Investor · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2013 · 371 posts · 191 votes

This question may seem to come out of left field for some of you, to others this may make more sense. Wholesalers deal with large checks $5,000 - $20,000 (or more) per check. Sometimes wholesalers even get a rash of small checks for little deals with not a lot of meat. The point is it's not hard, once you've built up enough momentum, to start getting large sums hitting your account in under 30 days.

Have any of you ever had your account frozen because of the size of your wholesaling checks caused suspicion? Or, worse, have you  as a wholesaler ever been accused of the non-crime of "structuring" payments only to have your assets (bank account) drained under the presumption that the large checks must be the fruits of criminal enterprise--simply for cashing wholesaling checks from a cluster of small deals?

I'm not trying to spread FUD. I'm genuinely interested in people's experience on this front. Further, if I know to expect "bumps in the road" I can at least plan for them and have a checklist in place to mitigate them should they arrive. I don't like FUD.

Obstacles exist to be overcome.

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Engineer/Investor · Suches GA · Member since 2011 · 69 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    I guess the answer is no since nobody replied but I would love to hear the outcome of your story.  They just recently nailed former speaker of the house for "structuring" hush money payments

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.